Recording To A Ext. HD, & Previous Re GMT Option

Robert11

Recording To A Ext. HD, & Previous Re GMT Option

Unread post by Robert11 »

Hello,

Am beginning to play around with doing a scheduled audio recording for the first
time, and have the following questions, please:

a. After setting it up, I see that the usage for only a 10 minute audio recording (@32 bit Option) is calculated as 5 GB
Wow.
Is this correct ?

Assuming it is, I would like to devote a separate few TB external HD for the recording(s). Is this what you folks do, or am I missing something ?

I can't find any menu that allows this, although I'm sure there is one.

How would I configure Console to record on it, and not to use the pc HD ?
(seems if one uses the pc HD, and gets a bit careless in setting it up, there, quite quickly, goes the entire HD capacity !)

b. Re my previous Post on having a GMT option for the start and stop times:

I tried taking a screenshot, but apparently it doesn't work if two windows are opened. Couldn't find a way to do it; tried, honest.
What I was referring to is:

Rec/Playback Data Record/Record/ Start Recording setup menu screen

Question was if it would be possible in the future to have (also) a GMT option for the Start and Stop times ? Or, is there some way now to ?

Thanks for help with this, Have a great Holiday, be safe,
Bob

Simon G4ELI

Re: Recording To A Ext. HD, & Previous Re GMT Option

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Robert11 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:22 pm Hello,

Am beginning to play around with doing a scheduled audio recording for the first
time, and have the following questions, please:

a. After setting it up, I see that the usage for only a 10 minute audio recording (@32 bit Option) is calculated as 5 GB
Wow.
Is this correct ?

Assuming it is, I would like to devote a separate few TB external HD for the recording(s). Is this what you folks do, or am I missing something ?

I can't find any menu that allows this, although I'm sure there is one.

How would I configure Console to record on it, and not to use the pc HD ?
(seems if one uses the pc HD, and gets a bit careless in setting it up, there, quite quickly, goes the entire HD capacity !)

b. Re my previous Post on having a GMT option for the start and stop times:

I tried taking a screenshot, but apparently it doesn't work if two windows are opened. Couldn't find a way to do it; tried, honest.
What I was referring to is:

Rec/Playback Data Record/Record/ Start Recording setup menu screen

Question was if it would be possible in the future to have (also) a GMT option for the Start and Stop times ? Or, is there some way now to ?

Thanks for help with this, Have a great Holiday, be safe,
Bob
Screenshots always help me check what you're doing. Two channel 32-bit format is 8 bytes * 48k per second, or 512kB/second. 600 seconds * 512kB = 300MB.

So please show me a screenshot, something's wrong.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!