Identity Query

Max

Re: Identity Query

Unread post by Max »

Hi Herb

Yes, they are in their own folders. See PD3LK post near start of this topic, but they are found here:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\SDR-RADIO.com (V3)\Console

New Identity folders are only created when a new identity is created in SDRC, so best to use the identity creation tool (button very top left of SDRC screen), then close down SDRC, copy the files in the Ident0 folder to Ident1 folder (for example) then restart SDRC and make your amendments.

Best

Max

herbk@comcast.net

Unread post by herbk@comcast.net »

Max:
Thanks for taking the time.
When I open SDR Console (V3) from my desktop, I get the Select Identity popup with Main and 1 and 2 as Alternate, which I have
named "Kenwood" and "Ergo4"
I have duplicated the search below:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\SDR-RADIO.com (V3)\Console

On my system, AppData is a hidden folder, but no matter.
I open SDR-RADIO (V3) and then Console and only have Ident0 folder.
There are files inside
No new folders such as Ident1 or Ident2, as I expected.
Dead at this point

Max

Unread post by Max »

Hi Herb

If you have definitely created the two extra identities and been able to enter and run SDRC inside each identity, makes me think that you SDRC data is being stored somewhere else. Are you 100% sure that in Windows you are logged in as YOURNAME and not as "Administrator", "Default" or some other Windows username? In other words, did you search in any other USERNAME paths that are present in the Windows C:\Users\ folder?

If you definitely got as far as creating and opening those other identities then it's the only thing I can think of. I am sure that other more knowledgeable souls on here may know different? Long shot...... I'm sure you did, but in the Ident "Configure" dialogue, did you tick the "Enable" box for the identities that you named, and then enter those identities, or the folders will not be created? It's only when you enter the newly named identity that the Ident folder gets created. I only say that because sometimes it's easy to miss the obvious which I have done myself many many times.

Incidentally, even if you give the identities different names when creating them in SDRC, the folders are still Ident0, Ident1, Ident2 etc. In my experience anyway, those folder names are always the same.

Good luck.

Max

herbk@comcast.net

Unread post by herbk@comcast.net »

Max:
A MAJOR Thank You and my bad.
The files are under an alternate USERNAME on my system.
I don't know why (yet to be determined) but there they are
and now I can copy one to another, which takes us back to the
original query that started this thread.

All, thanks for not giving up on me.
Herb

Max

Unread post by Max »

NP Herb. Glad the mystery is solved!

Best

Max