Issues with Geostationary Satellite Beacon View

Jean

Issues with Geostationary Satellite Beacon View

Unread post by Jean »

Hello Simon,

I'm observing a strange and not reproducible behaviour of the Geostationary Satellite Beacon View. The issue is visible with 3.0.26, but I already observed it with previous releases as well. The effect seems to be independent of the beacon sync being activated or not and the view being docked or floating, but it occurs more often when the view is floating.
  • Sometimes, the '+' Button is greyed out and only the '-' button works, sometimes both are working.
  • Sometimes, the delta is displayed in the graph, sometimes it isn't displayed.
  • Sometimes, a line is displayed in the graph, sometimes it doesn't.
  • Sometimes, the line in the graph is updated, most of the time it isn't.
73 Jean DJ0VL
Attachments
GeostationarySatelliteBeacon_1.png
GeostationarySatelliteBeacon_2.png
GeostationarySatelliteBeacon_3.png
GeostationarySatelliteBeacon_4.png

Simon G4ELI

Re: Issues with Geostationary Satellite Beacon View

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Maybe because the window is floating? If so, this is a bug.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Jean

Unread post by Jean »

Hello Simon,

I just did some tests with the window being docked. The '+' and '-' buttons seem to work as intended (greyed out when the max/min scale is reached), however, I do not see a line in the graph as well with a docked window.

Setting the zoom to max when the window is docked leaves the '+' button greyed out when the window position is moved to floating and just the '-' button can be pushed and is working, but does not get greyed out when zoomed to min.

73 Jean DJ0VL
Attachments
Screenshot-2020-12-16-152845.jpeg

Jean

Unread post by Jean »

Hello Simon,

Another interesting observation about the drawing of the line in the graph: By detuning the beacon in the right part of the window, the line immediate appears in the left graph. The drawing/update of the line stops as soon as the displayed beacon frequency does no longer change. Maybe the line display issue is related to the reference lock of both Pluto and LNB?

73 Jean DJ0VL