Monitor Audio Output

Sam

Monitor Audio Output

Unread post by Sam »

Hi

I use a Hermes Lite and virtual audio cable to transfer audio to a 3rd party applications (WSJT-X).
It would be nice to be able to monitor the audio being transferred for the change in band conditions etc, however i've not found a way to do this unless i change the audio playback output from VAC to speakers and then back again.

Is there any other way to solve this?

Would it be possible to add a monitor output button in the software?

mbott

Re: Monitor Audio Output

Unread post by mbott »

In the Control Panel, be sure and set the VAC Properties to Listen to this Device.
VAC.PNG
--
Mike

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Or are you looking for this? ...
Attachments
Monitoring TX.jpg

KI4BEA

Unread post by KI4BEA »

How do I get to the above window? I can not find it.

KI4BEA

Unread post by KI4BEA »

Never mind. Found it.

Sam

Unread post by Sam »

@mbott Thanks that worked!

@PD3LK I've now tried that window, Speakers selected and RX button checked, however i cannot get any sound. Any more suggestions what setting may be wrong?
Attachments
SDRConsole.png

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Off the wall suggestion... Tools->Options->Auto-Mute turned on?

{o.o}

Sam

Unread post by Sam »

Thanks jdow

It was turned on, turned it off, however it didn't change the situation.

I'll keep looking out for something else.

Max

Unread post by Max »

Sam, there is some confusion here. Suggestion by PD3LK is principally to monitor TX audio.

mbott offered one correct solution. It's actually what I do myself. I only ever have SDRC RX audio out permanently set to VAC whether I am using the VAC or not, and then always have "listen" checked as he shows and fed to speakers. Never change it. I then always know that VAC 1 is my RX line out to third party progs at all times.

VAC 2 back from WSJT-X to TX in.
VAC 3 permanently allocated to CW skimmer (must be dedicated only to CWS)

If you have the original VAC from Eugene (Evgenii) Muzychenko ( https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/index.htm ) he also provides a companion program called Audio Repeater to achieve a similar result for monitoring the output of the VAC:
https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/repeater.htm

This also works very well.

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

Sam, I should have clarified, suggestion from PD3LK........ (the TX monitor panel).

That panel is for monitoring your TX audio input, nothing to do with RX audio. When the TX button is enabled, the TX audio input is monitored, but only when in Transmit mode. With the RX button pressed, your TX audio input can be monitored when SDRC is in RX mode without need to be in TX mode. It's for checking audio input quality, most likely via headphones rather than speaker (to avoid audio feedback). For most normal purposes both the buttons would be selected OFF during normal operation, unless you want to monitor your audio when in TX on FT8 for example. More useful for initial setting up of the audio quality from the mic for SSB etc.

Hope it helps.

Max