"VB-Audio Virtual" Cable: Designating ?

Robert11

"VB-Audio Virtual" Cable: Designating ?

Unread post by Robert11 »

Hello,

Years ago, many, I set up a "VB-Audio Virtual" cable to feed PCHFDL.

The Console end, I think, should be the input to it.

Played around with all the audio settings, but can't seem to feed PC-HFDL.
Probably missing one setup for it, somewhere.

Question: where in Console would I designate that Console should feed this VB Audio Virtual cable ?

Thanks,
Bob

Barry WB2ZXJ

Re: "VB-Audio Virtual" Cable: Designating ?

Unread post by Barry WB2ZXJ »

Hi,

In the Receive DSP Panel chose the dropdown menu (see attached).

Barry
WB2ZXJ
VB cable.jpg

Max

Unread post by Max »

Hi Bob

I've got VAC, not VB-Audio, but same principle, just select it here:
VAC.JPG
Then in Windows Audio settings, select "Listen" to be able to still hear the output in speakers:
Audio.JPG
To get to the last dialogue, press Windows key on keyboard to bring up Start Menu, then type "Audio Devices" (without the quotation marks).

Best

Max

Robert11

Unread post by Robert11 »

Hi,

Got it.
Works !

All set now.

Thanks,
Bob

thebaldgeek

Unread post by thebaldgeek »

I'm also having trouble assigning VACs to different receivers.
I use the Receive DSP Panel to chose from the dropdown menu my VAC number.
Next, I click the + button to add the next receiver.
Double click it on the spectrum to select it, set the frequency, then from the drop down list, select the next VAC number.
Two important things to note - firstly, the little yellow RX number does not change when I double click between the two receivers. (It always shows RX1 - but the frequency changes correctly).
Secondly, both receivers now have the higher VAC number.
If I add a third receiver, same deal, the previous 2 receivers now how the same VAC number as the third receiver.

How do I get each receiver to 'honor' the VAC number I assign to it?

SDR-Console 3.0.24 on Win7. (Downloaded and installed yesterday - my first time looking at this software).

Thanks.

Max

Unread post by Max »

Couple of things:

Firstly, I would always run latest version, which at present is 3.0.26, very soon to be 3.0.27. Big green button about half way down this page:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/download

Secondly, maybe I have been missing something, but very few features in SDRC require double clicking. I wonder if that may be the issue (although I have tried to reproduce the problem without any luck this end).

A screenshot is always of assistance in almost every case. See here (don't trim the screenshot. Attach as taken in description below):
https://www.sdr-radio.com/screenshot

Several ways to view the receivers. You can operate with (1) just the main spectrum window, (2) with the "Receiver Pane" enabled, or (3) "Receiver Matrix" enabled. Hence need for screenshot.

Assuming you have the most simple method (nothing wrong with that), and just the main spectrum window, just a single click on the cursor for the new receiver brings that receiver to "focus" and then you can select VAC of your choice in the RX DSP panel, and this only affects the "focussed" receiver.

If you have "Receiver Pane" enabled, then just hove cursor over the RX in question, then press the "Select" button that appears when you hover to select that receiver, then select VAC of choice.

Good luck

Max

thebaldgeek

Unread post by thebaldgeek »

Hi Max,
Thanks so much for your time in replying.

I updated from 3.0.26 to 3.0.27 as your first step suggested.
Unfortunately, that step broke the software and it seems to no longer work.

Here is the screenshot of it not working (I was hoping to show a screenshot of the VAC issue).
(If need to start a new thread for this new issue, please let me know).

Right now I am wondering if I can downgrade and go back to what was 'working' to test your next steps?

Ben.

Max

Unread post by Max »

Hi again Ben

That is very unfortunate. Never had a total breakage from an upgrade. Maybe try and go back to 3.0.26 (on same page as main download). I have upgraded and downgrade with no issues many times. I think you have been unlucky.

If still no luck, try the reset procedure step by step after first making a backup of your config files as described:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/reset

Your screenshot not visible. It's probably better to just do a straight attachment than attempt inline placement. Also before you try the rest procedure, do a full restart of PC first.

Max

thebaldgeek wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:02 pm I updated from 3.0.26 to 3.0.27 as your first step suggested.
Unfortunately, that step broke the software and it seems to no longer work.

Right now I am wondering if I can downgrade and go back to what was 'working' to test your next steps?

Ben.