Default Zoom Setting

G4DRS

Default Zoom Setting

Unread post by G4DRS »

When I start SDRC, it shows a span of +/-50kHz.
Capture.JPG
Is there a way to make it start up with a span of +/-10kHz?
I suppose my questions are really:

How do you change the zoom?
and
How do you make the change stick?

John
G4DRS

KA1GJU

Re: Default Zoom Setting

Unread post by KA1GJU »

When you move the mouse anywhere on the bandscope or waterfall, five options appear in dull red in the upper right of screen. Scale, Low, High, >I< (Center),and Zoom. If you hover over the Zoom, a slider will appear just below it and you can zoom in and out , 200 Hz to whatever bandwidth you started the SDR with.

Upon shutdown, those settings are saved, frequency, mode, viewable bandwidth, etc. When SDRC is started again, the setting are used and display is right where you left it.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
Zoom3.png
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

G4DRS

Unread post by G4DRS »

Thanks, Kriss

Max

Unread post by Max »

John

Also just a reminder that the waterfall/spectrum frequency span can be set as part of a Favourite. It's extremely useful. See Simon's default Favourites to get the idea, where he saves the ham radio band spans with the centre frequency for each bands. Very clever. I now use Favourites all the time. Never used them for quite a while, but now would not be without them and this feature is one of the main reasons.

Max

G4DRS wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:34 am How do you change the zoom?
and
How do you make the change stick?

John
G4DRS

G4DRS

Unread post by G4DRS »

Max,
Thank you.
I have had a look at the Favourites.
I think I'm not a typical SDRC user, in that I only use it as a panadapter, displaying the IF of my transceiver. I never listen to the SDR, only to the transceiver. SDRC is purely a visual aid.
I therefore want the SDR scale to display, automatically, the dial frequency of the transceiver, whilst remaining tuned to 9MHz (the IF of the transceiver). I did have this working, but it has, inexplicably, stopped. Now, the RX DSP window displays the transceiver frequency, but the SDR window does not.

John
G4DRS

G4DRS

Unread post by G4DRS »

I have my panadapter following the transceiver band again now.
John
G4DRS