Panadapter not tracking

G4DRS

Panadapter not tracking

Unread post by G4DRS »

I am using SDRConsole with a RSP1A as a panadapter, displaying the 9MHz IF output of my FTdx5000 transceiver. I have the SDRC Seriual port linked to the Logger32 Slave port via a virtual cable, so Omnirig is not involved.
When all is well, I see a green cursor moving up and down the display as I turn the tuning dial on the radio. However, when I move the frequency of the radio outside the edges of the displayed spectrum, the spectrum does not track the radio. Rather, it continues to display the spectrum it was showing before I tuned away.
I'm sure the spectrum used to follow the radio as I tuned beyond the displayed limits, so I think I must have changed some setting to prevent the desired behaviour. Does anyone know what that setting might be, please?

Cheers,

John
G4DRS

G4DRS

Re: Panadapter not tracking

Unread post by G4DRS »

Following on from my earlier post, if, for instance, I change my transceiver from 20m to 30m, the RX1 window in the receive DSP panel displays the new frequency, 10.104.262, but the spectrum and waterfall in the main window remain firmly tuned to where they were, currently 14.275 +/-75kHz.
I'm pretty sure they used to follow the RX1 window.
What have I switched off and where?

John
G4DRS

G4DRS

Re: Panadapter not tracking

Unread post by G4DRS »

I appear to have found the problem with my panadapter setup.
In the External Radio pane, I had to switch the external radio to Power Off.
Now, everything seems to be in order.

Cheers,

John
G4DRS