Sizable SDR-Console Window?

m3ghe

Re: Sizable SDR-Console Window?

Unread post by m3ghe »

I also run 3 monitors.
Clicking on the 2 overlapping squares to 'Restore Down' allows me to grab any side of the window with the mouse.
As suggested I would try creating another identity.
Martin
m3ghe
IO92sc
G-QRP club 6129
Use my online radios http://remoteradio.myddns.me/ or http://remoteradio.changeip.org/

SDRUser

Unread post by SDRUser »

No, I'm not running SDR-Console in a VM.

bagmouse7

Unread post by bagmouse7 »

Weird issue...
I use 2 monitors with SDRC and the maximize/minimize/resize functions all work exactly the way you expect Windows applications to work.
The arrow cursor does in fact change to the left-right/up-down arrows to indicate resize when you reach the border of the application window.
I am not sure what the issue is, maybe you are running windows 10 and it is in tablet mode?

Max

Unread post by Max »

SDRUser wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:49 pm I am using 2 monitors. SDR-Console is in my main monitor. Is SDR-Console having a problem with 2 monitors?
Just for info many of us use multiple monitors, myself included. Never seen this issue in any version. It's an odd one for sure. I am also running 3.0.27.

Best

Max

Max

Unread post by Max »

Was just thinking, sounds like possibly a Registry issue?

Have you been through the full reset procedure listed here?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/reset

Best

Max

PA3BTS

Unread post by PA3BTS »

Hi, what happens if you shift Console from one monitor to the other? Second: I can not find a fullscreen option in Console, so this must be a Windows thing, I guess.

Good luck!

Cornel
PA3BTS
Attachments
Console2.JPG
Console2.JPG (11.99 KiB) Viewed 704 times

SDRUser

Unread post by SDRUser »

I will drag the SDR-Console to the second monitor to test if I'm able to size the window. If not, then I guess it time to tweak the registry.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Um, Cornel, what do you consider full screen? I don't believe here is an option akin to pressing "f" while watching a YouTube video. The closest you get is the maximize button. Privately I think it would be nice to maximize over a selected set of monitors instead of just a single monitor. But, that's not a trivial thing to manage. (I suspect it may be easier than the way I am envisioning in my head at the moment, though.)

{^_^}

Max

Unread post by Max »

SDRUser wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:45 pm I will drag the SDR-Console to the second monitor to test if I'm able to size the window. If not, then I guess it time to tweak the registry.
Did you work through the list documented in the full reset procedure that Simon suggests on the SDR Console support section on his website I posted link to a couple posts back?

You do not say you tried this? It's quick and easy to try.

https://www.sdr-radio.com/reset

Best

Max

PA3BTS

Unread post by PA3BTS »

jdow wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:30 am Um, Cornel, what do you consider full screen? I don't believe here is an option akin to pressing "f" while watching a YouTube video. The closest you get is the maximize button. Privately I think it would be nice to maximize over a selected set of monitors instead of just a single monitor. But, that's not a trivial thing to manage. (I suspect it may be easier than the way I am envisioning in my head at the moment, though.)

{^_^}
Hi Joanne, Full screen would be without the top bar and bottom taskbar, which is not available in Console. The use of two monitors might play a role in the odd berhaviour, especially when the two have different size and/or resolution. I've had some instances where shifting Console from one to the other screen resulted in odd behaviour, but always in situations where too much applications were active and visible.

Cornel
PA3BTS