Sizable SDR-Console Window?

SDRUser

Sizable SDR-Console Window?

Unread post by SDRUser »

When I run SDR-Console it's full screen. How do I make the SDR-Console window sizable?

KA1GJU

Re: Sizable SDR-Console Window?

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Like any other Windows application, the little squares in the upper right.
Drag the edges to the size you want, or drag the whole app to the left or right edge of your monitor and it will occupy only half the screen.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
Upper Right of SDRC...
Upper Right of SDRC...
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

SDRUser

Unread post by SDRUser »

Unfortunately, for me, in version 3.0.27, does nothing.

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Hi SDRUser, it's difficult for us to guess what the problem is so let's start with a few basis questions, no offence ok. Are you a experienced Windows user? Did you worked with SDRConsole before? Has SDRC stalled? (can you still move other windows?)
Can you make a screenshot with the use of the Screenshot button in SDRC? (Home tab). Can you attach it in a reply? Thanks

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Try to grab the lower right corner.
Position the pointer over the lower right corner of the SDRC window. It should show a double ended arrow up-left and down-right. If you do not get that arrow and cannot grab the window click the square Kriss indicated above and try to grab that corner again.

If you still cannot size the window I would guess that you have some "tablet" or perhaps some "accessibility" feature enabled. That would have to be disabled. I doubt that because your question suggests you do not have everything running full screen including browsers, folders, applications, and even settings itself.

{^_^}

MisterJ

Unread post by MisterJ »

Please tell me where to obtain Version 3.0.27. Thanks much. Enjoy, John.

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Ver 3.0.27 is not available to the public yet. The test team is still trying to locate bugs and break it. When the last of the bugs are cleaned up, Simon will post it on:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/download
Currently 3.0.26 is available, about halfway down the page... next to the World Map download, another great program written by Simon.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

MisterJ

Unread post by MisterJ »

Thanks, KA1GJU. I did not know this testing was being done - been running 3.0.26 for some time. Enjoy, John.

SDRUser

Unread post by SDRUser »

No offense taken. How would someone know. As background, I'm a certified windows developer. I've worked in Windows since version 1.0. Developed many C++ apps and integrated DOS apps with WinAPIs. Currently developing, for the most part, but not exclusively, in C#. Folks would probably be surprised to know what I've designed/programmed/developed.

The cursor just doesn't change the the left/right arrow indicating resize. The main SDR-Console window will not resize. The window is not modal (meaning I can minimize it and do other things). I just can't resize the SDR-Console window. It is maximized. I can write another app to grab a handle to the SDR-Console window and resize the window, but what a PITA.

I am using 2 monitors. SDR-Console is in my main monitor. Is SDR-Console having a problem with 2 monitors?

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Thanks for your background, keep us from asking Windows for Dummies questions: D

What happens when you close SDRC and start it again with a Alternate Identity?
ok then? try the Main Identity again. (i'm guessing it's a registry issue)

(as you can see in the pict i'm using 3 screens without problems)

Btw are you running SDRC in a virtual machine?

Maybe of help? https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/files/
Attachments
drag 2.jpg
drag 2.jpg (11.91 KiB) Viewed 802 times