Centralise Frequency on Panadapter

G4DRS

Centralise Frequency on Panadapter

Unread post by G4DRS »

I am using a SDRPlay RSP1A linked to the Slave port of Logger32 and the IF output of an FTdx5000 as a panadapter.
When I click on a DX spot in Logger32, it sends the FTdx5000 to the correct frequency then sends that frequency to SDRC via the Slave port. SDRC dutifully changes to display the frequency it has been passed. However, the frequency it has been passed is almost always somewhere near the edge of the displayed bandwidth in SDRC. If I click the the little 'two arrows' icon up near the Zoom icon in the top right corner, the receiver passband is moved to the centre of the display.
Is there a way to set the 'centre' behaviour automatically? For instance, could I send a command via the serial interface to centralise it? Or is there an option I am missing within SDRC itself?

I look forward to your advice.

John
G4DRS

G0OFE

Re: Centralise Frequency on Panadapter

Unread post by G0OFE »

Hi John,

I am pretty sure there isn't.

I guess it might be possible to add an option in Tools... Tuning to have an optional tick box to centre the radio on the tuned frequency. One for the "Requests" subforum!
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Oddly enough this is something you generally should not do due to the zero frequency noise spike.
{o.o}

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

Depending on which SDR you are using... but yes, a good point.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

G4DRS

Unread post by G4DRS »

G0OFE wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:40 am Hi John,

I am pretty sure there isn't.

I guess it might be possible to add an option in Tools... Tuning to have an optional tick box to centre the radio on the tuned frequency. One for the "Requests" subforum!
Thanks, Jim

G4DRS

Unread post by G4DRS »

jdow wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:44 am Oddly enough this is something you generally should not do due to the zero frequency noise spike.
{o.o}
There used to be a distinct zero frequency spike in my old Si570-based SDR, but there doesn't seem to be one in the RSP1A.