Any Server Sys ops on this forum?

KA1GJU

Any Server Sys ops on this forum?

Unread post by KA1GJU »

I was trying to get a better SNR on a pirate? radio station on 3935 in LSB running about 4 kHz wide. So far, I can only make out the words Classic Rock in the ID.
I connected to all available servers nearby US and CA as far away as 2000 miles, all had a green check mark saying they were online. But once the definition was saved and a connection attempt was made, no dice. Nothing! So it looks like I got the only operable servers out here in NE USA and E Canada. I've been seeing much more activity on them, perhaps that's why?

Here's a few of the ones I found that were inop, despite the green checkmark while building definitions:

Alex's SDR
VA2CMQ
Monroe, NY
W0GEN
N0SRZ 2
ON0WAL
ON7WP

If I were a new bee, I'd be a little depressed as to finding an actually functioning server. The other 90% of those listed when making server definitions have the dreaded yellow triangle (error).

OK Rant over and no alcohol was involved in this post, just my humble observations.

Edit:
Simple Google Search of Classic Rock 3935 kHz yielded some very good info.
Had to go to Simons server to get a whopping -50dBm on this pirate radio station! Zenith Classic Rock Relay

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
Screenshot-2020-11-30-220817.png
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)