Server Connections

VK7OO

Server Connections

Unread post by VK7OO »

I have a server with one radio & one account. It is setup to allow only LAN connections & works well.
However, I can only make one connection to the radio. Another client cannot connect because the radio is "in use".
Is this normal? I had hoped I could connect multiple clients to the same radio.

regards
Steve VK7OO

VK5MCA

Re: Server Connections

Unread post by VK5MCA »

Hi Steve

Check in the Server Manager app, by default the number of connections for WAN is set to 1. You can increase it to a max of 10.
SDR-Radio_Server-Manager_Max-Conns.png
VK5MCA (Callum)

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Steve,
One physical user per radio ONLY. It's not usable like Kiwi's or the WebSDR's where numerous users can access one physical radio.
You can place more than one SDR on the same physical server, by adding more SDR's via the Radios tab of the Server Manager.

Callum's response is limiting how many connections on the server per the user's public IP address. For example, my Super Station #4 happens to have 4 SDR's of various MFG's. I have set Max connection to 2, this will allow users to operate two physical SDR's simultaneously for comparison. It also keeps the server hogs from occupying all the SDR's on the server while they monitor vast sections of spectrum.

So, with that in mind... the answer is no. One user per one SDR at a time only.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Home of the Super Station Servers
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

VK7OO

Unread post by VK7OO »

OK
Thanks Chris
Yes I had the right idea about WAN connections

De VK7OO
Steve

hb9ryz

Unread post by hb9ryz »

Hallo All
The original Perseus Software will allow multiple connections from more than one client at the same time (concurrent).

I don’t know, if Simon could fix this in order that two remote clients running SDR Radio Console are able to connect the same SDR attached to the SDR Radio Server.

Best 73’ de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang