S meter calibration

PD3LK

Re: S meter calibration

Unread post by PD3LK »

jdow wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:18 am Hm, you must actually be a ways out of town. Apeldoorn is a significant interchange point. It has lines into it from the West, South, and two from the East. That's why I figured they'd be a pain for you. That they aren't is a surprise and gratification. (A train driver named Vincent posts videos of the view from the cab as he drives the train. It shows pretty Dutch countryside and relatively often goes through Apeldoorn.) I guess the trains that do go through town are few enough that they are not a serious problem for hams.

{^_^}
I do have some steady qrm but never thought about the railroad net. Will do some tests outside in spring!. Apeldoorn isn't a big central station like Utrecht in the center of the NL but the trains that do come here are not high speed like the ones between Amsterdam - Paris. I do live 50m away from one of the railroads to the city center but no qrm, only diesel loc's on that trail :)

W4CM

Unread post by W4CM »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:29 am
DK8KW wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:30 am
Simon G4ELI wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:20 pm I may write an advanced RX window where everything can be fine tuned, I was considering this ~5 years ago.
Hi Simon,

that would be great. Could you perhaps then also add a similar TX window so that the drive-slider shows the output power in dBm? That would be very helpful.

Vy 73

Holger ‚Geri‘, DK8KW
Noted. It's available in mW, so for now just a simple mental conversion :) .
I JUST CHECKED AND MY VERSION OF SDR CONSOLE ON MY ANAN 7000LE MKII IS 1 dB LOW OR AT 80.9 dbm.
I CHECK USING THETIS ON ANAN AND S-METER IS RIGHT ON.
YES A S METER CALIBRATION WOULD BE NICE.

THANKS
W4CM

W4CM

Unread post by W4CM »

My finger is faster than my slow brain I meant to say the "S" meter reading in SDR Console is 1 "S" unit low.