SDR-Console, AirSpy HF+ and Windows 11 headache

fmatic

SDR-Console, AirSpy HF+ and Windows 11 headache

Unread post by fmatic »

I have a really annoying problem with SDR-Console, AirSpy HF+ and Windows 11. It has to be some weird setting somewhere in Windows 11. Here is short description about behavior.

Everything works fine for a while, but if I reboot or disconnet USB-cable this weird behavior starts. HF+ not working, so I try to remove it from definitions. Re-plug, hit definitions, select AirSpy HF+ - ”Nothing Found, Sorry”. Next I headed to Device Manager and ensure AirSpy HF+ is recognized correctly under ”Universal Serial Bus - Devices” and yes under that there is a AIRSPY HF+

Next step was to try to update all USB related drivers and next uninstall all usb related stuff and reboot and hope everything is fine. Nope! Still ”Nothing Found, Sorry”

Next I downloaded and installed WinUSB Compatibility Driver from airspy.com and finger crossed hope it finally works. Nope! Still no go. Next I headed to Power Settings and under Advanced Settings - USB-settings I disabled USB selective suspend setting. Tested and yup, no luck. Sometimes it’s found and working fine for next reboot and then this starting again. For some reason Console and even SDR# does not found it. Unit is working under my two other laptops with Windows 7 and Windows 10 and worked with this problematic laptop before I upgrade it to Windows 11. So what I’m missing? It has to be some setting somewhere.
Janne / OH6-201

PD3LK

Re: SDR-Console, AirSpy HF+ and Windows 11 headache

Unread post by PD3LK »

Do you have SDRC Server running with the AirSpy as remote radio?
If yes then stop the server. Stop the server proces (TaskManager) if it is still running.

fmatic

Unread post by fmatic »

PD3LK wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:14 pm Do you have SDRC Server running with the AirSpy as remote radio?
If yes then stop the server. Stop the server proces (TaskManager) if it is still running.
Hello and thank you for the reply and suggestion. Nope, no SDRC server running on my machine.
Janne / OH6-201

fmatic

Unread post by fmatic »

Found one solution which helps recover for this and even it's sound weird it helps. Just unplug HF+. Unplug power cord from laptop and re-plug HF+ and now SDRC found my AirSpy. Interesting!
Janne / OH6-201

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Airspy doesn't require special drivers.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!