Later revisions of SDRC and SpyServer

sm6fhz

Later revisions of SDRC and SpyServer

Unread post by sm6fhz »

Hi all.
Has anyone had any trouble with the SpyServer on later (the latest) revisions of SDRC?
I had prepared two RSP3, one with a RTL-Dongle and one with a AirSpyHF+ (two connector version) say ~a year ago and they both worked fine then.
I have not put them into service (been waiting for my fiber to be installed at my EME/summer QTH...puh), but now I was about to make use of them.
Unfortunately, none of them are found by SDRC v3.0.26 :-( The Ethernet link seems to work, but SDRC is not satisfied with the answers from the SpyServer.
I start here with this question and maybe I can provide logs later if that would be of any help to understand the problem.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Simon G4ELI

Re: Later revisions of SDRC and SpyServer

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Logs would help. If you send me the IP address, username/password I'll try myself.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

sm6fhz

Unread post by sm6fhz »

Thanks Simon.
The SpyServers are only local in my LAN. Not even that now, only local to one Laptop.

Slept on it, I came to realize that the RSP3 for the RTL-Dongle was used as a RTL TCP device. Doing that it came to life. So, that one is solved. Even if I am curious about why it does not work being searched for as a SpyServer. But it is fine for now.

For the other RSP3 SpyServer for the AirSpy HF+, I will do some more trials. If not successful I will report back here with a log etc.

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

sm6fhz

Unread post by sm6fhz »

Dear Simon.

Got it working again. Unfortunately, I was not able to 100% track the problem down. It seemed to be related to the set-up of the Ethernet communication of the RSP3, but I am not sure exactly what the cure was. Spooky....

No problem with the SDRC. Operator induced error, I presume.
I will set it up in it's real environment and start using it. I hope it will stay healthy.

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ