SDRC 3.0.26 - Spyserver Audio Issue

jfurness

SDRC 3.0.26 - Spyserver Audio Issue

Unread post by jfurness »

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this and I haven't missed a reference to this issue already...

I'm using SDRC 3.0.26 on a Bootcamp (MacBook Pro) installation of Windows 10 and also on a 2015 Dell Latitude E7250 and am experiencing audio distortion when connecting to Spyserver SDRs (both LAN and WAN) on both machines.

The distortion manifests itself as a low frequency "crackle" increasing with the strength of the received signal. No setting changes appear to eradicate the problem! Direct connection to my own Airspy Discovery HF+ via USB in SDRC yields perfect audio, as does SDR# when connecting to all Spyserver SDRs.

I have taken a short video capture of the issue (from the MacBook Pro), which I will attempt to attach to this post...

Any help would be appreciated as SDRC is my preferred software solution and I really want to make some comaparative IQ recordings from different locations :)
SDR Console 2021-01-02 16h 07m 50s.mp4
(14.35 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
Thanks,
James

KA1GJU

Re: SDRC 3.0.26 - Spyserver Audio Issue

Unread post by KA1GJU »

I may be not correct, but isn't Spyservers part of SDR#? SDRC has it's own set of servers worldwide:
http://onairv3.sdrspace.com/onair-v3.xml
I don't see a Jon-G4URH anywhere on the list above.
I wouldn't think the SDRC and SDR# are compatible.

73 Kriss KA1GJU
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

jfurness

Re: SDRC 3.0.26 - Spyserver Audio Issue

Unread post by jfurness »

Hi Kriss,

If you know the address of an Airspy Spyserver then this is supported in SDRC... under Definitions -> Search -> Airspy -> Spyserver

I've added/tested a number of definitions and all exhibit the same problem with audio... as far as I can recall this wasn't present in earlier versions.

Thanks,
James