CAT on Omnirig

lu9do

CAT on Omnirig

Unread post by lu9do »

I downloaded the 3.0.26 version of the SDRConsole (v3) to update my 2.0.20.

All is running nice.

I wish to link the program to my Icom IC-7000 through the Omnirig 1.19 for freq CAT control.

Now my Omnirig are in well relations with MixW3, JTDX, WSJT-X, CW skimmer and CatSync programs.

But in SDRConsole the COM options window do not shows the Omnirig, and if I go direct to the COM , only have the Kenwood TS-2000 choice.

Let me know how I can add the IC7000 and his commands to the CAT facilities.

Best regards from LU9DO.

jdow

Re: CAT on Omnirig

Unread post by jdow »

Have you tried digging around on Simon's site? You'll find this.. Hope that helps. ("this" is https://www.sdr-radio.com/SerialPort#Omni-Rig)

{o.o}

lu9do

Unread post by lu9do »

Do not answer my question. I wan to to connect to Omnirig.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Seems rather complete to me complete with pictures of the settings dialog. I presume if you have it connected to other objects you have a com port emulator such as com0com. If not find a com port emulator and get it running. The rest appears to be simple.

{^_^}

lu9do

Unread post by lu9do »

Dear friend Jdow:

Omnirig is an application that shares the COM with other apps. There are 1(one) phisical COM connected to the radio rig CAT. All others apps seems the rig through the Omnirig. Of course Omnirig must be configured to "talk" with the connected rig in his propietary languaje. Also the apps must be configured for the proper rig model to talk the same languaje.
When I go to SDR console > Tools > Options > Controllers > CAT (Serial port) only appears the phisical ports. Not the Omnirig.
Well, forget the Omnirig for a while. Turn it off.
If I want to talk to the COM directly, the SDRconsole do not seems the rig because it is an ICOM rathen than Kenwood TS-2000.
So. I want to add the ICOM IC-7000 in replace of the Kenwood.

Also in the comments said:
This program supports the use of serial ports for exchanging information with third-party programs such as logbooks. Normally you use virtual serial ports, for example those created using the VSP Manager by K5FR or VSPE from Eterlogic or com0com (Sourceforge).
Protocol: in your logbook program select the Kenwood TS-2000 protocol.
Note: you cannot use a serial port for a third-party program and at the same time use it to connect to an external radio unless these programs use OmniRig or similar.

bagmouse7

Unread post by bagmouse7 »

lu9do,

SDR console is currently built to use its "external radio" feature as the preferred method to integrate with Omnirig.
Take a look at the instructions here:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/external-radio

You set up the rigs as you normally do in Omnirig and then the "external radio" feature synchronizes SDR Console with Omnirig (which then in turn synchronizes with the rig).
I have used this method with some Icom and Kenwood rigs and it works exactly as you would expect.
Good luck!

lu9do

Unread post by lu9do »

Yeap---

The way was to go to External Radio and enable it. Just IC7000 appeared in the window and tracks solidary with CW skimmer, JTDX and all the stuff.
The trick is tx on the 7K and receive by the SDR the return path from linear satellites.

Best regards and thank you very much.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

So far as I know SDRC ONLY recognizes TS2000 commands and does not and will not recognize anything else. Omnirig is required for the translation. Simon has declared SDRC is not a replacement for HRD.
{o.o}