external radio issues with rtl-sdr and ic756p2

iz1fks

external radio issues with rtl-sdr and ic756p2

Unread post by iz1fks »

Hello,
I'm using a RTL-SDR as panadapter on my ic-756p2.

I have found several anomalus behaviour with External radio mode:

1) zoom level rest each time frequency is changed by radio vfo, the zoom level should be competely independent.
2) RADIO=>SDR setting is not recognised, I'll expect that with this setting the frequency in SDR is tracked by the radio, but this happen only when SDR=>Radio is enabled. Tracking mode is not clear to understand. It looks like the only one mode is available now.
3) every time the sdr is stopped, the software need to be closed and opened agian, otherwise the setting of sdr in panadater mode is not recognised
4) moving the radio vfo refresh of the spectrum is not smooth, this happen only when track mode is enabled

version 3.0.27
73 de Phil,iz1fks

PD3LK

Re: external radio issues with rtl-sdr and ic756p2

Unread post by PD3LK »

How did you connect the RTL to the Icom? (on it's IF output?)
In that case you must only tune the Icom as a external radio and leave the RTL fixed on the IF freq.

iz1fks

Unread post by iz1fks »

PD3LK wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:53 pm How did you connect the RTL to the Icom? (on it's IF output?)
In that case you must only tune the Icom as a external radio and leave the RTL fixed on the IF freq.
Yes, rtl-sdr is tuned on the IF.

m3ghe

Unread post by m3ghe »

iz1fks wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:13 pm
PD3LK wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:53 pm How did you connect the RTL to the Icom? (on it's IF output?)
Is the External Radio options set to IF Output?
if output.JPG
Martin
m3ghe
IO92sc
G-QRP club 6129
Use my online radios http://remoteradio.myddns.me/ or http://remoteradio.changeip.org/

iz1fks

Unread post by iz1fks »

[/quote]

[/quote]
Is the External Radio options set to IF Output?

if output.JPG
[/quote]
Yes, of course

iz1fks

Unread post by iz1fks »

performed further tests with version 3.0.26, same issues, just a difference with Radio=>SDR option.

At the startup the right frequency (IF frequency) is not set to the RTL-SDR.

Behaviour on the spectrum not fluid when changing frequency in the rig if the cat tracking is active

73 de Phil

iz1fks

Unread post by iz1fks »

unfortunately, no difference even with latest version 3.1

Still same issues with RTL-SDR and IC-756P2, syncro works nut waterfall is freezed when tracking and no difference between tracking options. Still problem with zoom and zoom reset each time radio frequency is changed.

impossibile to modify the zoom, span on the spectrum/watrfall is 200kHz and no way to modify it apparently.

Radio=>sdr and SDR=>Radio don't work as expected.

i still don't understand if it's a bug or a problem with my setup here, or due to rtl-sdr, but without tracking with CAT everythingh works in th right way

73 de Phil,iz1fks

iz1fks

Unread post by iz1fks »

Radio=>SDR activated, frequency reading coorectly in external radio recive panel, but no update of frequency in spectrum and waterfall, but both spectrum and waterfall very good and smooth when changing radio vfo frequency.
Cattura.JPG
Attachments
Cattura2.JPG

iz1fks

Unread post by iz1fks »

if no Radio=>SDR or SDR=> Radio selection is activated, the behaviour is the same displayed in the example in the previous post, no difference at all!

if both Radio=>SDR or SDR=> Radio are activated, point and click as well as frequency update in spectrum/waterfall is active but very very slow with spectrum freeze and no smooth transition during VFO sweep in waterfall at all. Anybody using external radio is experiencing the same behaviour?
Attachments
Cattura3.JPG

iz1fks

Unread post by iz1fks »