External Radio Transmit Track Rx ?

Hasan_N0AN

External Radio Transmit Track Rx ?

Unread post by Hasan_N0AN »

SDRC is nearly the PERFECT program for working satellites. The only place it is lacking is when running an external radio, there is no provision for having the External Radio Transmitter and the Internal Radio Dongle Rx track when running satellites.

I have no idea how hard this would be, but if possible, I would love to see it added to SDRC.

What I"m looking for is if I have a standard pair of frequencies set so that I'm listening on 145.915 and transmitting on 435.290, AND my voice is in perfect tune ...

Should I need to move up to 145.925 to catch someone, ...when I do that, I would like the transmit VFO to properly track as I move the rx dial. In other words, the transmitter should move the tx vfo DOWN 10 KHz when I move the Rx VFO up 10 KHz to catch another qso. (obviously not all birds are reverse, but all the Mode B ones are).

It would be nice if we could enter a "constant" for each satellite in the SatList > Current > Organize section, that reflects and would keep the Tracking of VFOs up and down in the right place as we move the receiver VFO.

Can this be done?
Is it difficult?
Simon, would you consider doing it?

What I do now is use math. If I''m already tuned in to my signal and I want to move, I note the rx freq, click where I want to go, then if I went up 10 on Rx, I tune down 10 on Tx and all is well. I can live with it.

But...auto-tracking would be soooo much nicer.

73, N0AN
Hasan
73, N0AN
Hasan

G0OFE

Re: External Radio Transmit Track Rx ?

Unread post by G0OFE »

Hi Hasan

I thought you'd posted twice in error, so removed the other topic.

What I have done is moved the topic to External Radio but left a marker in place in the Satellites forum, so this same post together with any replies will effectively appear in both sub forums.

Cheers
Jim.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

Hasan_N0AN

Unread post by Hasan_N0AN »

Thanks, much appreciated. I'm not used to the new system yet.
73, N0AN
Hasan
73, N0AN
Hasan

k5hlh

Unread post by k5hlh »

Need help trying to work satellite's with FT857 and Ham Radio Deluex. Running Sat Program on HRD for TX only. Trying to run SDR Console in Sat mode for RX only same will not track the RX Downlink freq is there something wrong with the program???? Have MFJ 1708B RF Sense to prevent FT 857 from TX on the SDRPLAY. Please email hhallcosd@yahoo.com or call me at 505-290-7599 thanks K5HLH 73s

SM0TGU

Unread post by SM0TGU »

I have added a request for tracking VFOs:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=816
/Lars SM0TGU

Ken Alexander

Unread post by Ken Alexander »

Hasan_N0AN wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:10 pm SDRC is nearly the PERFECT program for working satellites. The only place it is lacking is when running an external radio, there is no provision for having the External Radio Transmitter and the Internal Radio Dongle Rx track when running satellites.

I have no idea how hard this would be, but if possible, I would love to see it added to SDRC.

What I"m looking for is if I have a standard pair of frequencies set so that I'm listening on 145.915 and transmitting on 435.290, AND my voice is in perfect tune ...

Should I need to move up to 145.925 to catch someone, ...when I do that, I would like the transmit VFO to properly track as I move the rx dial. In other words, the transmitter should move the tx vfo DOWN 10 KHz when I move the Rx VFO up 10 KHz to catch another qso. (obviously not all birds are reverse, but all the Mode B ones are).
Hi Hasan,

I note that your post is from about a year ago. I joined the forums a few days ago because I'm hoping to use Satellites to operate amateur satellites again.

Found this at https://www.sdr-radio.com/tracking#ExternalRadio

"To Do
The external radio support will be extended to provide full tracking between transmit (radio) and receive (SDR) frequency, as part of this a more advanced display will be written. This is planned for 2018.

Ideally, Satellites should be watching for manual frequency changes in either the external TX or the RX and adjust the other to maintain proper tracking and then resume Doppler corrections on both,
Soon, hopefully...

Ken Alexander VE3HLS