Synchronizing SDR Console with external radio?

Max

Re: Synchronizing SDR Console with external radio?

Unread post by Max »

maby wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:12 pm Since my original post, I have written a simple utility in Visual Basic which does it and the result is a very good system. I can have the 7300 tuned to CW at the low end of the band and search around SSB traffic at the high end on the SDR. If I find something interesting on the SDR, a single click of the "To Radio" button in my little application will instantly tunr the 7300 to the same frequency and mode. Equally, if the signal I'm working down the low end starts to fade into the noise floor, a single click on the other button in my application will tune the SDR to the same frequency to let me try to dig it out there...

Martin (G8FXC)
Hi Martin

Sounds like something a lot of people would find useful. Wondered if you would you consider sharing the program for others to use who experience same issue? Or maybe Simon would consider incorporating such a functionality in SDRC?

Max

maby

Unread post by maby »

Max wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:39 pm
maby wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:12 pm Since my original post, I have written a simple utility in Visual Basic which does it and the result is a very good system. I can have the 7300 tuned to CW at the low end of the band and search around SSB traffic at the high end on the SDR. If I find something interesting on the SDR, a single click of the "To Radio" button in my little application will instantly tunr the 7300 to the same frequency and mode. Equally, if the signal I'm working down the low end starts to fade into the noise floor, a single click on the other button in my application will tune the SDR to the same frequency to let me try to dig it out there...

Martin (G8FXC)
Hi Martin

Sounds like something a lot of people would find useful. Wondered if you would you consider sharing the program for others to use who experience same issue? Or maybe Simon would consider incorporating such a functionality in SDRC?

Max
I will happily share it - though I must warn that it is not "production quality" code - I lashed it up specifically for my purposes and things like the COM port numbers are currently hard coded! I'm new to this forum - is there a standard way of distributing things like this? It would have to be a source dump of the code, not an executable program so that it is possible to adapt it to your requirements...

Martin (G8FXC)

Max

Unread post by Max »

Hi Martin

Thanks for kind offer. Sadly, personally I would not even know where to start compiling from source code. I don't actually have an external radio (although I have wrestled with the idea of an IC7100 because of the multi VHF/UHF coverage!) but my guess is it would be very useful functionality to have. Hopefully Simon can emulate the function within the eternal radio panel in SDRC if he thinks it is useful.

Max