External Radio: Save settings for different radios in different identities not possible

hb9tsi

External Radio: Save settings for different radios in different identities not possible

Unread post by hb9tsi »

Hello

I just wanted to use the SDR-Console for 80m with the Kenwood TS-480HX and for QO-100 with the FT-857.

Now, when I save the upconverter-offset (10057 MHz) for QO-100 in the FT-857 identity, then this upconverter-offest-setting is also used in the TS-480HX identity. So I have to deactivate the upconverter-offset manually when I want to use the TS-480HX.

Where can I save those external radio-settings for two different radios?

Thank you
André

jdow

Re: External Radio: Save settings for different radios in different identities not possible

Unread post by jdow »

Simon, I might suggest a way to work around this perhaps with minimal coding. Allow the user to duplicate a radio entry and assign it display name and different converter and spectrum inversion settings.

{^_^}

G0OFE

Re: External Radio: Save settings for different radios in different identities not possible

Unread post by G0OFE »

Andre,

Try using a different identity for QO-100 work. (Tools... Options... Identities.)

The radio definitions including offsets for each identity are completely separate.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

CT2HUU

Unread post by CT2HUU »

G0OFE wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:01 pm Andre,

Try using a different identity for QO-100 work. (Tools... Options... Identities.)

The radio definitions including offsets for each identity are completely separate.
Hi
I have a similar problem, I have 2 SDR dongles, one for QO-100 and other for HF.
The HF one, is getting the sinal from an IF, depending on the band it is in, it's a different IF. For example 40m band is 75.925MHz and 20m is 69.085MHz. It's not fun to change the external radio IF setting every time I click on a cluster spot and change from band to band... it takes me 9 clicks/keys every time...
So I tried "identities", but identities share the same "external radio" settings, it is useless for me. Even when I'm changing from HF to QO-100, changing from one dongle to other I have to change the "external radio" settings, resulting in 8 clicks to go from an IF output to direct antenna and activating the upconverter...

What I would like to have is:
2 different identities, one for QO-100 and other for HF, each one using the respective dongle and external radio settings.
Then, on the HF one, I would like to be able to say "when I'm on 40m (from 7MHz to 7.3MHz, example), use IF 75.925MHz" if "I'm on 20m (from 12MHz to 14.5MHz, example) use IF 69.085MHz".

I use the Kenwood TS-2000 and it has this IFs:
IFs TS2000.JPG
I'm looking for a solution for this for one year and a half, if you can help let me know, besides helping me you will be helping several Hams in the same situation.
CT2HUU

iz1fks

Unread post by iz1fks »

this is an important feature, identies should be independent one to another. Qo-100 settings is totally different form panadapter, the problem is also that there are several issues with external radio related to panadapter use
73 de Phil

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

On the other hand I find it frustrating when a front end is not the same on all identities. Go figure. Perhaps a method for copying settings from another identity would be beneficial.
{o.o}