Version 3.1 beta updated November 9th, 2021. Now working on the website and other infrastructure for the rest of November.

Computer (benchmark) spreadsheet for SDRconsole

What you need to run the software
jdow

Re: Computer (benchmark) spreadsheet for SDRconsole

Unread post by jdow »

on2ron - simply see if it will run and how many matrix windows can run for a straight two hours without going belly up. But that video card might be a bit weak. Mostly I wonder if it works right. It appears the AMD chips survived the specter wars better than Intel. (It REALLY hurt when this machine went from very zippy to only a tiny step up from the antique it replaced.)

{^_^}

RaspII

Unread post by RaspII »

Can we reactivate this discussion?
I just started to transmit with SDR Console (QO-100, Adalm Pluto, most current SDRC version, Windows10-64 most current version)

Using my Lenovo T440s (Corei5-4300U@1.9Ghz) I found out that the Audio (receive and transmitt) is stocking while TX is activated.
Using an CoreI7-2700k Desktop (@ about 3,4Ghz) runs without any issue (at least for the time I tested).

Is there a new recommendation available or does anybody know how to setup SDRC that I can don't have trouble with my Lenovo T440s, also?

73, Claus

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

RaspII wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:59 pm
Can we reactivate this discussion?
I just started to transmit with SDR Console (QO-100, Adalm Pluto, most current SDRC version, Windows10-64 most current version)

Using my Lenovo T440s (Corei5-4300U@1.9Ghz) I found out that the Audio (receive and transmitt) is stocking while TX is activated.
Using an CoreI7-2700k Desktop (@ about 3,4Ghz) runs without any issue (at least for the time I tested).

Is there a new recommendation available or does anybody know how to setup SDRC that I can don't have trouble with my Lenovo T440s, also?

73, Claus
Let's see a screenshot while you're transmitting.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

RaspII

Unread post by RaspII »

Here the screen shots.
one with dual tone (you can see interruptions very clearly, I was only transmitting once)
one with microphone

At the moment it's hard to do the tests, I can do the tests only in the evening when its already cold outside.
(My system is not a fixed installation, yet)

One more information: I'm using the Adalm Pluto via USB2Ethernet
Attachments
Microphone.jpg
DualTone.jpg

RaspII

Unread post by RaspII »

Seems I found a solution:
Using the "Low Power" Option within the "Tools" Toolbar, it works much better.