M1 Silcion /Mac BigSur-SDR Console

What you need to run the software
DL1IK

M1 Silcion /Mac BigSur-SDR Console

Unread post by DL1IK »

Hello everyone,

I would just like to briefly report that I have successfully put Simon’s excellent SDR console into operation on a MacBook pro M1 with Parallels (Beta) and Windows 10 (ARM Dev.), have already had several successful qso via ES'Hail. The CPU load was in the single-digit range, even the memory (8GB) management works excellently and was never overwhelmed. Everything happened without a lot of latency. I know Simon is reluctant to mention the Apple platform ). SDR Console is software written exclusively for Windows computers. However, I liked it, however, to have made it work under MacOsX with a few detours. Even now with the M1 silicon chip in a development and beta environment.

Thanks Simon for this excellent SDR Console.

73, de DL1IK
Burkhard "Albert"

mainly use SDR - Console with Windows10, Ryzen 8Core, 16GB RAM, SSD, RTX2070Super, 4K/60Hz Display ;)

Simon G4ELI

Re: M1 Silcion /Mac BigSur-SDR Console

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Hi,

Excellent feedback, thanks.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Mogginski

Re: M1 Silcion /Mac BigSur-SDR Console

Unread post by Mogginski »

Have SDR Console running fine on my Intel iMac with my Elad S3. Have an exact copy of the same software also installed via Parallels 16.5 and W10 ARM on my M1 MacBook Air. But there is always a but - the software seems to be unable to see my plugged in Elad radio when I find it in the Definitions. For what it is worth, the the male USB plug on the S3 cable is connected to a USB female socket/USB-C, and this in turn connected to the laptop. Don’t really want to buy a license for Parallels at this point unless I can get the system to work. Any suggestions?