OpenCL on Celeron boards

What you need to run the software
cmh716

OpenCL on Celeron boards

Unread post by cmh716 »

Hi,
I am considering building a small, low-power system using this board:

https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/ ... d/x12stn-c

I see that the Intel® Celeron® 6305E Processor has internal UHD GPU with OpenCL 2.0 support. The idea is to use this for remote monitoring over RDP. Do you think this CPU and GPU would work with sdr-radio with about a 8-10MHz FFT using something like a SDRPlay? I would access remotely using RDP on hardwired LAN. Audio would be transmitted from this PC to a Dante audio network, so there should be very little audio latency.

Simon G4ELI

Re: OpenCL on Celeron boards

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

I don't think there's enough CPU for the 8 to 10 MHz from a SDRplay.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

cmh716

Unread post by cmh716 »

Maybe I’ll have to consider the i3/i5/i7 models. It kind of ruins the “low power” idea though. Thank you Simon!

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

i5 etc. can run low power
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Noradavis

Unread post by Noradavis »

I tried to install SRB 5.0 opencl driver for Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1900, but clinfo can not find the gpu device , only the cpu device can be.This is a standalone release for customers who do not need integration with the Intel® Media Server Studio. The standard Windows graphics driver packages ...The main difference between OpenGL and OpenCL clickercounter.org is that OpenGL is used for graphics programming while OpenCL is used for heterogeneous computing. OpenGL is used in video game designing, simulation, etc. OpenGL helps to increase the performance of the system and allows parallel computing.OpenCL compatibility can generally be determined by looking on the vendor's sites. AMD's APP SDK requires CPUs to support at least SSE2. They also have a list of currently supported ATI/AMD video cards. Vendors can't claim OpenCL support for a device without passing the OpenCL conformance tests.