advise for new pc build wanted

What you need to run the software
on2ron

Re: advise for new pc build wanted

Unread post by on2ron »

Thanks, Max, it's the 1650 Super that I want to use in the new build.

I still have some more questions about the efficiency of the components. When using 6 or 10 receivers what of the hardware is most efficient, more CPU cores or more memory? Of course all will be relevant but I do not know how Simon programs this. Maybe it can be, or even already is, to dedicate a receiver to a specific CPU core. Maybe I can choose a CPU with fewer cores and install more RAM :?: Hard to decide what is the best build.

73' Ron

Max

Re: advise for new pc build wanted

Unread post by Max »

Not sure on that one Ron. Simon will be the oracle!

Just for ref. I have 10+ year old i7-2700k PC, 16 Gb ram and 1650 Super and it runs SDRC sweet as a nut. I must admit I have always stuck with Intel processors, but maybe that's just a personal thing. Don't know if Simon has a view on that one way or the other. I can only say the GPU was pivotal for me. I first tried SDRC with Intel 300 onboard graphics and I could not get SDRC to record video at all and multi receivers in the RX matrix could be a struggle. With addition of 1650 Super it's like a new machine (and also incidentally for other tasks such as video editing) so the GPU is key with SDRC because it does a lot of the "heavy lifting" a lot of which is the display/GUI.

Anyway, by look of your spec you have plenty of everything in terms of resources so I'm sure it will be great.

Max