Computer (benchmark) spreadsheet for SDRconsole

What you need to run the software
jdow

Re: Computer (benchmark) spreadsheet for SDRconsole

Unread post by jdow »

on2ron - simply see if it will run and how many matrix windows can run for a straight two hours without going belly up. But that video card might be a bit weak. Mostly I wonder if it works right. It appears the AMD chips survived the specter wars better than Intel. (It REALLY hurt when this machine went from very zippy to only a tiny step up from the antique it replaced.)

{^_^}

RaspII

Unread post by RaspII »

Can we reactivate this discussion?
I just started to transmit with SDR Console (QO-100, Adalm Pluto, most current SDRC version, Windows10-64 most current version)

Using my Lenovo T440s (Corei5-4300U@1.9Ghz) I found out that the Audio (receive and transmitt) is stocking while TX is activated.
Using an CoreI7-2700k Desktop (@ about 3,4Ghz) runs without any issue (at least for the time I tested).

Is there a new recommendation available or does anybody know how to setup SDRC that I can don't have trouble with my Lenovo T440s, also?

73, Claus

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

RaspII wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:59 pm Can we reactivate this discussion?
I just started to transmit with SDR Console (QO-100, Adalm Pluto, most current SDRC version, Windows10-64 most current version)

Using my Lenovo T440s (Corei5-4300U@1.9Ghz) I found out that the Audio (receive and transmitt) is stocking while TX is activated.
Using an CoreI7-2700k Desktop (@ about 3,4Ghz) runs without any issue (at least for the time I tested).

Is there a new recommendation available or does anybody know how to setup SDRC that I can don't have trouble with my Lenovo T440s, also?

73, Claus
Let's see a screenshot while you're transmitting.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

RaspII

Unread post by RaspII »

Here the screen shots.
one with dual tone (you can see interruptions very clearly, I was only transmitting once)
one with microphone

At the moment it's hard to do the tests, I can do the tests only in the evening when its already cold outside.
(My system is not a fixed installation, yet)

One more information: I'm using the Adalm Pluto via USB2Ethernet
Attachments
Microphone.jpg
DualTone.jpg

RaspII

Unread post by RaspII »

Seems I found a solution:
Using the "Low Power" Option within the "Tools" Toolbar, it works much better.

andy5211d

Unread post by andy5211d »

Just for interest I have acquired a 7year old Gen6 i5 3.4G Intel PC from my son. Apparently not good enough nowadays for Gaming as he has moved over to the darkside and a AMD Threadripper. The PC I have acquired has no graphics card as he has kept the RTX2070 to use in the new machine until the prices of the RTX3090 come down to a reasonable level!

So using this Gen6 i5 with 16GB memory and Intel integrated graphics on a 4k monitor results in a ~56% CPU usage when running 4 receivers decoding FM stereo radio with RDS and no issues. I can only see four stations in the 10MHz band but think it will receive more if there was something to there. Left it running like this for 6 hours and the water cooled CPU is not even warm to touch (28deg C). Also tried SDR Console in the same configuration on a Gen2 i7 3.4G with 8GB of mem and a NVidia GTX750Ti graphics card. Smooth display and no issues and a slightly reduced CPU load of around ~49% but the CPU is air cooled and the fan does get a bit noisy as it winds up to keep the CPU cool. Only got to 58deg C after 30 mins though.

Not scientific tests but a bit of general background info. I may be able to provide some details on running SDR Console on a Gen12 Intel i9 early in the new year, if I can 'borrow' it before it finds its way to its real job!

RaspII

Unread post by RaspII »

Hello again,
I wrote that my problem was solved using the "low power" option. This was valid only for some time. The issues came back over time.

I found a solution proposal at Amsat Forum
Only allow 100Mbit communication between PC and Pluto solves all my problems (stottering / long delay times while transmitting).

I've attached the waterfall diagram of my resuls.
You can see a two tone signal at 1Gbit/sec and at 100Mbit/sec
Attachments
TransmittInterruptions_Detail.jpg