Geforce GTX1650 Super

What you need to run the software
Max

Re: Geforce GTX1650 Super

Unread post by Max »

NP Jim. That all sounds like it will be exactly what you want.

Yep, pretty much regarding installation. Depends a little on what you are removing. This is a 100W card so it's powered from an additional (6 pin?) cable to the rear of the card. Not sure if that comes with the card? I don't think mine did. I think the correct power cable will have come with the PSU so it will either be in the bag that came with the PSU that is stuffed full of extra cables, or maybe your previous card already powered that way? If it's a lower powered card possibly not. But it definitely needs the additional power cable connecting. I'm sure as you know the model number there will be a downloadable manual for the GPU online that can get you ahead of the game. I guess you already know it's a double width card so it needs two adjacent PCIe slots to install.

Good luck. I am sure you will like the card. It transformed my old PC's graphics ability. Felt like a new machine. I don't feel any need to change my PC now and as I mentioned it's nearly 10 years old. Actually I just checked and Scan built it in 2011, not 2012, so I reckon that was pretty good value!

Max

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

G0OFE wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:02 pm Thanks Max, explains everything. Was always going to be the 1650 Super, was confused by the different "models" on offer which I wasn't expecting...

I've ordered an Asus one from Overclockers. Has twin fans so should be quieter. I already drive 3 monitors from my existing card (1 HDMI to a UHD TV, 1 DVI, 1 Displayport with an adapter into a DVI lead, the latter two into 24" monitors) ) so that won't change.

One other question.. I am assuming that I simply take the old card out, put the new one in, boot PC and run Geforce Experience to get and install the right drivers?
Ah - Google this. You can do this swap and be lucky but may end up have to power the PC off/on.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... xperience/

make sure you have the very latest drivers and you should be OK, I assume you're using Geforce Experience?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:20 am
G0OFE wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:02 pm Thanks Max, explains everything. Was always going to be the 1650 Super, was confused by the different "models" on offer which I wasn't expecting...

I've ordered an Asus one from Overclockers. Has twin fans so should be quieter. I already drive 3 monitors from my existing card (1 HDMI to a UHD TV, 1 DVI, 1 Displayport with an adapter into a DVI lead, the latter two into 24" monitors) ) so that won't change.

One other question.. I am assuming that I simply take the old card out, put the new one in, boot PC and run Geforce Experience to get and install the right drivers?
Ah - Google this. You can do this swap and be lucky but may end up have to power the PC off/on.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... xperience/

make sure you have the very latest drivers and you should be OK, I assume you're using Geforce Experience?
Yes, have Geforce Experience installed here. Will of course do the swap with the PC powered off....
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

Arrived today, swapped it out with the GTX960. Worked straight away on booting, once Windows took a few seconds to recognise it; didnt need to refresh the drivers.

First impressions... big improvement in overall performance when running 2+ instances of Console. Think graphics issues was slowing my machine down at times.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

G0OFE wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:36 pm Arrived today, swapped it out with the GTX960. Worked straight away on booting, once Windows took a few seconds to recognise it; didn't need to refresh the drivers.

First impressions... big improvement in overall performance when running 2+ instances of Console. Think graphics issues was slowing my machine down at times.
Glad you like it - it's a fine card as I'm sure you agree.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!