Almost finished the new pc

What you need to run the software
on2ron

Almost finished the new pc

Unread post by on2ron »

A few weeks ago I wrote that I wanted to build a new desktop pc.

Most of the parts are delivered except for a Corsair MP600 NVMe 4x4 SSD and the GeForce GTX1650 super graphics card.

In the meantime I stripped the old i5-3570 based parts out of the case and started to build the new parts.

Used are an AMD Ryzen 7-3700X CPU, 16 Gb dual channel low latency DDR4-3200 MHz Ram an old WD-green 240 Gb M.2 SATA SSD, an old GeForce GT-710 graphics card on an MSI-B550 Tomahawk motherboard.

This CPU has 8 physical cores and is from the Zen2 generation of AMD and is almost the counterpart of the Intel i7-10700K. Later this year I will replace this CPU with the new AMD Zen3 Ryzen 7-3800X which will fit on this MB, but is not available right now, so I went for the former model. This said the Zen3 CPUs are faster and it seems Intel is playing catch up right now. Maybe the 11th gen Intel models, yet to be revealed can reduce the damage, who knows. This said the used Ryzen 7-3700X only has a TDP of 65 W for an 8 core CPU and it is noticeable cool under load.

I have made some measurements last night compared to the Intel NUC8i5BEH I use as my daily pc.

The NUC has a 46% CPU load with SDRconsole v3.0.26 when used with a RSPduo on 10 MHz BW and 16 receivers running.
The new pc only has a 6% CPU load but with the GT-710 on 86% use.

OK, it's not completely honest with the GT-710 in use, but I was short on time. Now it's just waiting for the other parts to be delivered to see the whole picture. For now it's looking good ;-)

73' Ron
ON2RON