SDR Console and VNC

What you need to run the software
pavolg

SDR Console and VNC

Unread post by pavolg »

I use SDR Console on a laptop with Win10. I often put it outside on the garden and I connect to it through RealVNC. When I close the laptop, connect to it using VNC and run SDR Console, it looks like this - no FFT, waterfall, some buttons...:
Screenshot-2020-12-17-164226.png
If the laptop is opened, everything is fine. Could you help me?
I also tried TeamViewer - it's the same.

I tested it also on my older notebook (Win7) with same versions (latest) and same settings of VNC and SDR Console - it works without any problems.

Simon G4ELI

Re: SDR Console and VNC

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Looks very much as though VNC / RealVNC doesn't like Direct2D (DirectX) windows. Myself I use Windows Remote Desktop.

Why not use the server?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

Anydesk is also good.

I use it when checking in from work as the server doesnt get trough the work hifi firewall.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

pavolg

Unread post by pavolg »

I have "DirectX" option turned off in VNC settings. And I have the same problem with TeamViewer. Other software (e.g. SDR#) works well. So, it looks like the problem only with SDR Console.
I use SDR mainly to decode data from radiosondes or planes. Everything is running on one computer - SDR Console, decoder etc. I only want to check it from time to time. I often use a mobile phone or PC with Linux to connect to laptop with running SDR. WRD or Server connection isn't good options for me.

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

pavolg wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:25 am I have "DirectX" option turned off in VNC settings.
:(
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!