Hermes Lite goes portable with SDR Console

What you need to run the software
bob edwards

Hermes Lite goes portable with SDR Console

Unread post by bob edwards »

It's surprising how small a platform SDR-Console will run on, providing you don't run too much else. I run a Linx 10 tablet with 32bit Windows 8 - it's my only portable device. A quick trial with SDR-Console to the hermes lite via wifi was no good - audio was choppy and soon the PC crashed.

To the rescue - this USB to Ethernet cord - Rankie USB Network Adapter, USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit, Black. The Linx 10 cpu loaded 25 - 28%.

A friend of mine uses this 'Windows 10 64bit PC dongle' - Terryza Fanless Mini PC - again this doesn't have ethernet, so he uses the USB to ethernet adapter above. There are plenty of these mini PCs about and many have an ethernet port.

Cheers, Bob G4BBY

PD3LK

Re: Hermes Lite goes portable with SDR Console

Unread post by PD3LK »

Thanks for this tip Bob. I wonder what the max RX bandwith is with this Terryza mini PC, do you know that?
(without audio and FTT/WF stuttering)

bob edwards

I've asked that question of him - Bob G4BBY

bob edwards

He reports: "Haven't tried 384 ksamples/s but 192 ksamples/s worked. I’ll stick with 96 ksamples/s though when using the small screen".
That makes sense - pointless displaying a frequency range that makes it hard to tune to a signal.

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Thanks again Bob, that sounds good enough for a future project.
I have to wait but i'm probably not the only one with a almost empty savings account due to Corona :/