sdr console v3 no audio problem

What you need to run the software
sierratango76

sdr console v3 no audio problem

Unread post by sierratango76 »

Hello,
I've a sdr from nooelec correctly installed on my Windows 10 64 bit (v. h2n). I've installed the sdr console v3.0.26 and I add correctly my sdr dongle usb (NooElec NESDR SMArTee XTR Premium), so I see all radio transmission signals on bar but I' don't hear any sound. Where's the problem? I checked in the program settings, I looked at the audio settings but everything seems correct. How I can i solve? Has anyone had the same problem?
Attachments
4jpg.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

PD3LK

Re: sdr console v3 no audio problem

Unread post by PD3LK »

I believe this is something with the audio settings in Windows. Or the speakers are in use by another program?
Try another output (if present), see pict.
Attachments
Audio output.jpg

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

Turn the AGC ON in the DSP window!
If OFF, and the slider is at 0dB, it will be deaf.
Talking from experience here! :oops:

This is where the "Screen Shot" is worth it's weight in gold!

73 Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
AGCoff.png
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

Kriss, normaly true but not for FM-N ;)

KA1GJU

Unread post by KA1GJU »

ARGH!

You got me! I didn't look at the frequency, which would have led me to the mode...
Good catch.
Although I do notice he has a green bar in the volume slider, mine is only green during pauses in voices (key down on FM but no modulation).
OTW it's full red when listening to noise or NOAA Weather signals:

Kriss KA1GJU
Attachments
VHFfm.png
73 Kriss KA1GJU Home of the KA1GJU Super Station SDRC Servers in NH, USA (FN42mw & FN43na)

sierratango76

For PD3LK, I've tried the VB Audio Virtual Cable but nothing, I still to don't hear sounds. The sdr work how I've post in the screenshot, the signals are received by the sdr but no sound. other advices?

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

I notice SDRC declares zero audio delay. Unh unh - that isn't gonna work. I bet he's trying to select alternate outputs or something. Menu ribbon->Tools->Options->Audio->Devices and select his realtek audio output. At the moment it looks like SDRC has no audio output selected. Note the missing audio level control circled upper left.
SDRC audio selection.jpg
In addition he could also set RF Gain to about 19 dB rather than using front end AGC for somewhat better performance.

{^_^}

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

JD, that screenshot was only to show what happens when he chooses a different output.
See his 3th screenshot from the start, there he used the Realtec speakers, and only one receiver, with the same result.

@ ST76: what happens when you go back to the realtec speakers and let Window do a "Resolve Audio problems" on your Realtec Speakers?
(right click on your speaker icon in the Windows bottom statusbar)

sierratango76

hello, I've checked on Menu ribbon->Tools->Options->Audio->Devices and is already selected realtek audio drivers. I've check also in windows audio configuration. I post a screenshot, but everything seems to be configured correctly. I've noticed that in the SDR Console at bottom right where there is CPU, GPU and AUDIO, the audio level is zero
Attachments
Immagine2.jpg
Immagine1.jpg

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

OK, another problem may exist in the Win 10 settings "BS".
Open device settings and select sound on the left.
Run SDRC and start the DSP engine.
Down at the bottom of the Sound page is "Advanced sound options" with a selection for "App volume and device preferences." Make sure SDRC is allowed access to the Realtek sound. Some time ago, long enough I had forgotten until this reminded me, I had to a fight with this. It looks like the current setup is not quite as annoying as the version I fought to a workable setup. Note that you may need to fight it again if you add a USB audio device to your setup.

Methinks I should experiment with this more.

{^_^}