My DDE problems with SDR Console

Alex. pe1rxu

My DDE problems with SDR Console

Unread post by Alex. pe1rxu »

Hello, I'm a bit lost and strugling with the combination of SDR Console - MyDDE v1.05 and a SPID rotor which uses spidmd01dde-soft-120.exe for driving a MD-01.

When I'm using orbitron, the whole chain works like a charm, the MyDDE client gets the string and the rotor is working.
If I use SDR Console, the MyDDE client does'nt receive any string data at all. I'm a bit lost at what is going on. (yes, selected the orbitron in the tracking menu)

Even more strange, when I use " DDEOrbitronToSerial" I can see the string coming from SDR Console, but the SPID software does not get any input from that.

Please advice

73'
Alex.

Alex. pe1rxu

Re: My DDE problems with SDR Console

Just a thought, do I need to make some changes in the "main.dfm"file of MyDDE ? because it's not Orbitron but SDR Console which is generating the string?

object Tracking: TDdeClientConv
ServiceApplication = 'orbitron'
DdeService = 'Orbitron'
DdeTopic = 'Tracking'
ConnectMode = ddeManual
OnClose = TrackingClose
OnOpen = TrackingOpen
Left = 324
Top = 7
LinkInfo = (
'Service Orbitron'
'Topic Tracking')
end

Any help is very appreciated :-)

73'
Alex.

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Hi,

Have you enabled DDE in the satellite options? It's been a long time since I used it.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Alex. pe1rxu

Hi Simon,

Yes, it's enabled en sending a string. If I start the "DDEOrbitronToSerial" program, that one is getting the string from SDR Console, only the SPID software isn't getting anny of that data.

I'm not sure if its possible to make changes in the MyDDE files, or that I have to compile those changes. I'm not a software guy but keen on learning.

At this moment I'm trying to figure out how MyDDE is working, It's runned by orbitron, if it can be used as an "always on" program it would work I guess.
Attachments
DDE screenshot.JPG

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Ah,

OK - my side is good so check the serial cabling?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Alex. pe1rxu

Hi Simon,
There is no serial cable used, the SPID software should get the right info from the DDE client and pass that through to the SPID MD01 rotordriver via an ethernet connection.
I'm not sure how the original MyDDE v1.05 from stoff is passing the string. ( via an virtual printerport or so?)

All the communication between the 3 applications is done in the computer itself.

How difficult something like this could be :-)