Automatic antenna switching in Satellite scheduling

VK4ZF

Automatic antenna switching in Satellite scheduling

Unread post by VK4ZF »

Gentlemen,
Just getting back in to satellites after a couple of years absence. Hasn't the program changed in that time. One feature I was waiting for that has been added is the auto scheduling of satellites.
The feature is working fine as I want to receive the data and send it off to the satellite builders just as I did in the past.

However this brings up a problem. How do I change the different antennas for the different satellites.
What I mean is, suppose I have three satellites on schedule. One on 144MHz, one on 4323MHz and the other on 132MHz.
This uses three different antennas. I set up the scheduler to auto switch the satellites but I need to switch the antennas.
It would be great if the program put out a signal that I can use to switch the antennas automatically.

Is this facility available and I have missed this? How are others achieving this?
If the ability is not there then it would be good to implement the feature to allow true 24Hour monitoring.

David

avdeur

Re: Automatic antenna switching in Satellite scheduling

Unread post by avdeur »

Hi David,
As far as I know (..and I miss a lot..) this is not build in the actual software.
There is an USB relay option for Tx/Rx available though but no idea if this could be "used" for your application (which also very much would interest me).
Let's wait for an answer from the excpert(s)

Albert
PA5OXW

VK4ZF

Unread post by VK4ZF »

Hi Albert,
I didn't think the function was there. I have put in a request to Simon to see if it could be done.

73's

David

avdeur

Unread post by avdeur »

ok David. Hope Simon can find some time. 73 Albert