Satellites option choice crashes the PC

Simon G4ELI

Re: Satellites option choice crashes the PC

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Hi Nick,

Glad it now works, I forgot about the cache possibly being erroneous. As for blank lines - I don't see any in the Celestrak file when browsed with the Chrome engine.

Will look at the cache...
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

g4ogi

Unread post by g4ogi »

I can report that all works again and it is very quick to load and process the errr....24,000 objects.
Nary a beat missed.
I think you did a good job and many thanks.

As for the blank lines it maybe my editor is processing EOL differently

You may have to revisit you retrieval links to Celestrak in the near future as the keps are being generated in different formats and accessible only via https addresses.
I assume legacy reference will stay for a while.

Anyway I can nw start to investigate if it is possible for amateurs to exploit Westwood Needles
It is going to take sometime....

Nick - g4ogi

Simon G4ELI

Nick,

Thanks - I'll check new links, I do know how to download this format.

In a few days I'll add the XML format support - not urgent, many thanks for the warning.
www.sdr-radio.com

g4ogi

Unread post by g4ogi »

hmmm i lost the post I was preparing....as SDR-Radio crashed

I can report that using the tle for Westford Needles crashes the app and pc (still) It is probably something to do with the fact that there are quite a few same named elements = speculation
I had a good day with SDR-Radio otherwise. Heard PROSPERO for the first time on 137.560 (narrow band chuffing typical of 2048 fsk or whatever it was).

element set labelled "Westford Needles *" works and I was about to track them when I selected the wrong set. I guess the star means good!

Back to unpicking things......

For reference I was using the build you produced for me

Nick

Simon G4ELI

Please attach the files you are using, even if you sent them before. I really need to know exactly what you were doing just before it crashed, screenshots always help.
www.sdr-radio.com

g4ogi

Unread post by g4ogi »

Hi Simon
In my haste I forgot to include the files.
I managed to return to normal operation by removing all reference to Westford Needles objects.
Once I started the satellite option these objects re-appeared in the cache lists. Even so normal operation is noted.

Interestingly I have just tried to reproduce the failure and SDR-Radio and PC seem quite happy working together.

The only change I can see is the SatelliteTrackingDefault file but that got overwritten when I restarted.

For now it seems if I select one Westford Needles as a tracking object it seems happy.
I think the problem is that something gets confused as the satellite catalog contains 34 Westford Needle objects all with different TLE but same name.
The element sets themselves appear to be unique and it is just the text label that is a multiple entry, so I wonder if you handle objects by text name rather than element number?
Pure speculation sorry, you know what you do!

The XML implementaion looks to be more robust

When I get time later I shall again try ro reproduce the issue in a controlled manner, detailing each step.

Many many thanks.

Nick - g4ogi
Attachments
SDRSatelliteTracking_DefaultKeplerianData.txt
current working - sadly overwritten at restart
(3.96 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
Satellite_TLECache_5F65DC40CE9F92F9B9F88838764C1E7F.txt
current working - sadly overwritten at restart
(3.91 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
SDR-FavDefault_000.xml
(15.52 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
SDRSatTrackFavourites.xml
(10.42 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
wee pik to show working state. When it crashed the previous satellite remained on a frozen screen and you could see memeory and cpu increasing even though the task manager said SDR-Radio was not responding (assume referring to the GUI)
wee pik to show working state. When it crashed the previous satellite remained on a frozen screen and you could see memeory and cpu increasing even though the task manager said SDR-Radio was not responding (assume referring to the GUI)