Linking SDRC to PstRotator ?

k3uk

Linking SDRC to PstRotator ?

Unread post by k3uk »

Ok, thanks to info from Lars I have PstRotator . SDRC and PstR are simultaneously with my IC-705 via OmniRig , however, I would like to have both SDRC and PstR recognize each other. I have SDR-Radio selected in the tracker section of PstRotator but in several places within PstR I am told that CAT with doppler is not possible unless SDR-Radio is set as the tracker, I have already done that.

Andy K3UK

Simon G4ELI

Re: Linking SDRC to PstRotator ?

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

One program has to be in charge. There's no way you can use PST rotator to set Doppler, Console does this itself.

So exactly what do you want to do?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

k3uk

Re: Linking SDRC to PstRotator ?

Unread post by k3uk »

Well, it looks like I have done it, sort of.
Lars helped me out with some basic concepts that I had to think about. I wanted to control the 705 and using SDRC's satellite tracker but ONLY using the 705, ignoring my SDRplay Duo. Just using the "external radio" capability of SDRC. It seems that when doing that, SDRC splits the uplink and downlink frequencies. One goes to the "external radio" and one goes to the SDRplay . I was advised that PstRotator would do what I want with the 705. When I obtained that, I saw that it can be used in combination with SDR-Radio Console's satellite tracker. That's where the confusion commenced. Anyway, I have got PstRotator to fully control the 705 with the correct "split" and doppler adjusted for both up/down . That's the main thing I wanted to accomplish. Now that I have a bit more knowledge about how PstRotator functions, I will play around a bit more with the interface of it with SDRC.

Andy K3UK