Recording Audio?

WB2UZR

Recording Audio?

Unread post by WB2UZR »

Hi All:

New to SDRs and this software, so I might be asking something obvious. I see a selection for recording, and a checkbox to record IQ data, but none for audio? On the sat status page it says yes for recording IQ but no for audio. Any thoughts?

Also, not sat related, but is there a gain control I need to adjust somewhere? I've heard that it's important to adjust the gain appropriately, but haven't seen that yet. I am using a Airspy Discovery.

Thanks!
Scott/WB2UZR

G0OFE

Re: Recording Audio?

Unread post by G0OFE »

Rec/Playback, then look at the panel furthurest to the left, marked "Audio".
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

WB2UZR

Unread post by WB2UZR »

Thanks Jim, I see that now, I guess that wont automatically begin recording during a sat pass?

Hasan_N0AN

Unread post by Hasan_N0AN »

No, it is manual record only. Also look at Video Record all the way to the right, It is marvelous for showing what the SDR and signals look like, great for Sharing in that is records in mp4. 73, N0AN

Record Playback > Video is where the function is located and it is also manual only. Do not forget to stop the recording and save it or it will fill up your drive! What I do is make a recording, save it to Google Drive and when I want to share it, I just point the recipient to my google drive and they can then download the file.
73, N0AN
Hasan

WB2UZR

Unread post by WB2UZR »

Good deal, thanks Hasan!

Scott/WB2UZR

VE3HST

Unread post by VE3HST »

WB2UZR wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:12 pm Thanks Jim, I see that now, I guess that wont automatically begin recording during a sat pass?
In the Satellites View, you can use Automatic Schedule. Add the satellites to it that you want to record. Make sure the correct frequencies are in the satellite definitions. And activate Enable Tracking which will take care of the Doppler shift. Then the I/Q data recordings will be made automatically for every pass of every satellite. Then later, you can replay the I/Q recordings and record the audio.

WB2UZR

Unread post by WB2UZR »

VE3HST wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:46 pm
WB2UZR wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:12 pm Thanks Jim, I see that now, I guess that wont automatically begin recording during a sat pass?
In the Satellites View, you can use Automatic Schedule. Add the satellites to it that you want to record. Make sure the correct frequencies are in the satellite definitions. And activate Enable Tracking which will take care of the Doppler shift. Then the I/Q data recordings will be made automatically for every pass of every satellite. Then later, you can replay the I/Q recordings and record the audio.
Thanks for that info, I was wondering how that all worked!

Tnx/73
Scott/WB2UZR