Automatic Schedule issue with timing

F4BKV

Automatic Schedule issue with timing

Unread post by F4BKV »

Hello,

I'm trying to get used to the Satellite part of the software, to track LEO birds, and while I notice all is setup properly and the SAT are tracked at their correct timing in the map, then when I display the "Automatic Schedule" window, I see list of satellite display are starting from one hour ago. For example, when it's 18h40 CET (I'm living in France), then it display all satellites from 17h40 CET. Due to this, I always have "past satellites" in the first lines of the table. It seems this "Automatic scheduling" is assuming my computer clock is the same as the UTC (it may be true in some countries but not for me). Is there anything I didn't configure correctly ? And just to confirm, all the timing related to satellite passes are correctly displayed, it's just the list of "Automatic schedule" that show satellite from the past hour also.

Thanks and 73

Vincent F4BKV

Simon G4ELI

Re: Automatic Schedule issue with timing

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

I always show the last few passes. Please add a screenshot, that will help.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

F4BKV

Unread post by F4BKV »

Hello Simon,

Ok if you like to have the prevous pass from last hour also display in the Automatic Scheduling, then it's not a bug anymore but a feature :) .. My idea of the automatic scheduling was that at any time you look at the screen, clicking on the refresh button, you can see the list of all future passes scheduled at a glance.

On the attached screenshoot you can see the list just after the AO-7 pass at 8h16z (9h16 in my timezone). You can see the AO-7 pass is listed on position 3, and for example, if I want to know the next schedule pass, I need to look at my current computer time and calculate where in the list is the next SAT available (in this case it will be XW-2A on position 5). I believe it would be more confortable to have always only the next schedule sat listed, as it the purpose of the scheduling window. Thanks for the good work.

Best 73

Vincent F4BKV
Attachments
screenshoot.JPG

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Please enable the Schedule - switch it on - take another screenshot.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

F4BKV

Unread post by F4BKV »

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the prompt reply and indeed when clicking "On" button, I have the indication of the next sat available (see screenshot). Yes there is still the past hour sat in the list but they are grey so it is fine and the next sat is highlighted. I was too much focusing on this "one hour" shift in the listing that i didn't notice the button has to be enabled to make it fully working !.

So thanks again for the good work, now i will have to plan shifting from Gpredict to your software for the rotator and doppler effect.

Best 73

Vincent F4BKV
Attachments
screenshoot2.JPG