Weather Satellite Display

WD9HNU

Weather Satellite Display

Unread post by WD9HNU »

Recently updated Console. Use WXtoIMg to display the NOAA Polar Orbiters. Now the display appears to be of an incorrect audio sampling frequency. Used SDR Play 1A, thought perhaps the problem arose after updating to UNO 1.4. But, replaced SDR Play 1A with Airspy Mini and have the same problem. Earlier versions of Console worked perfectly. Perhaps I have something set wrong?? Airspy Mini SDR Sharp combo works OK with WXtoIMG.
Thanks for any help.
Fred
WD9HNU

Simon G4ELI

Re: Weather Satellite Display

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

Screenshot?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

WD9HNU

Unread post by WD9HNU »

Compressed from 6 meg, but still big, sorry.
Fred
download/file.php?mode=view&id=50
Attachments
202008251301-min.png

Simon G4ELI

A screenshot of SDR Console was what I meant!
www.sdr-radio.com

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

Fred, I think Simon meant a screenshot of the Console display, rather than of the pictures you're trying to recieve....
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

WD9HNU

Unread post by WD9HNU »

Simon:
Please see the screen shot. Meanwhile, it is working. Here's what I did. Waiting for the next pass to get your screenshot, I was watching the display, and it looked pretty good. But, I decided that there must be some reason why the WXtoIMG PLL is not locking, so I decided to listen to the signal. Therefore I changed the Audio from the VB cable to the speakers. Sounded good, no sub-tones or other detritus. So I switched back to the VB cable. Bam, the WXtoIMG PLL immediately locked. I let it run all night. OK. Turned off at 6 AM, went for my morning walk. Turned on again at 8 AM, touching or changing nothing, Working FINE! Perhaps when I upgraded to the latest version some bit got switched or something. Or perhaps the consequence of an evil Windows 10 update?
Thanks and 73
Fred
WD9HNU
Screenshot-2020-08-25-184614.png

Simon G4ELI

Ah,

Looking at the display - it's perfect, had to be VB cable. Am not sure whether it's running properly at 48kHz.
www.sdr-radio.com

VK3CVF

Unread post by VK3CVF »

I have the same issue with reception of Noaa satellites using SDRconsole , unable to slant correct the received picture. Setup is SDRconsole with VB cable running at 48khz in WxtoIMG software. So replaced SDRconsole with SDR# and no issues, picture perfect. Only change I can see is that I downloaded SDRconsole onto a new pc so didnt upgrade/overlay it onto an older version .

Simon G4ELI

WD9HNU wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:17 pm Recently updated Console. Use WXtoIMg to display the NOAA Polar Orbiters. Now the display appears to be of an incorrect audio sampling frequency. Used SDR Play 1A, thought perhaps the problem arose after updating to UNO 1.4. But, replaced SDR Play 1A with Airspy Mini and have the same problem. Earlier versions of Console worked perfectly. Perhaps I have something set wrong?? Airspy Mini SDR Sharp combo works OK with WXtoIMG.
Thanks for any help.
Fred
WD9HNU
Fred,

Your setup looks perfect, I can only think it's VB Cable setup. I've bookmarked this problem, will look at it when I have time.
www.sdr-radio.com

VK3CVF

Unread post by VK3CVF »

Think I might have just found the problem. I changed the max latency in the VB cable to 3072 , I had a lower setting previously. Just had two good passes of Noaa 18 with no slant issues. Why this would fix the slant correction effect , then only Simon might know. I've read his help screens on buffering and Latency in SDRconsole .