Interface to MAP65

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
N5NHJ

Interface to MAP65

Unread post by N5NHJ »

I have seen a request coming from Slawek DL6SH which has been posted to the old reflector. I'm too playing around with MAP65, so I'm posting here on his and my behalf.

MAP65 (a K1JT's application for JT65/EME) can receive I/Q stream both via a sound card or via network.
The network stream to MAP65 was supported by SDR Console version 1, I do not have any trace of this support in both version 2 and 3.
It would be great to have it back and to be able to run 2 instances of SDRC with 2 radios (or a dual radio), to fully utilize the cross polarization enhanced capabilities of MAP65.
Thank you
73, Max

G0OFE

Re: Interface to MAP65

Unread post by G0OFE »

The CW Skimmer may well do what you need it to.... it sends out an IQ signal on a virtual sound card of your choice. I've used it to feed HDSDR to pipe FM signal to RDS Spy. It may well work with MAP65..

I do know that I had MAP65 working by monitoring the sound card used by Funcube Dongle, while the dongle itself was being used by an instance of Console.

Have a look at https://www.sdr-radio.com/cw-skimmer - MAP65 should, I think, work the same way. When I have more time I will experiment. Have just gone back to work after nearly 7 months off.....
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

N5NHJ

Unread post by N5NHJ »

Hi Jim,
I did that already, for some reason it is not stable and accurate enough. Lately I'm successfully using SDR# which only provides 32 kHz of BW.
Having a network stream would be the perfect way.

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

ok.. try Data Repeater and see if thats any better. https://www.sdr-radio.com/data-repeater
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

N5NHJ

Unread post by N5NHJ »

Data Repeater doesn't work at all, different format.

DL6SH

Unread post by DL6SH »

Hi all,

same experience there, does not work. Lot of moonbounce op would like to have the interface, as I've heard.

@Max & Jim, thank you for help with the request, such as DG5CST (10m dish for 1296 and 432 MHz).

Conrad PA5Y

Unread post by Conrad PA5Y »

This would be very popular I think. Ideally we should emulate the TIMf output format that Linrad uses. This is not as niche as you might think. Linrad has a learning curve that puts many people off but it remains the best way to get data into MAP65.

The sample rate must be 96000Hz, IQ stream. It may be one or two channels depending on hardware.

I am going to try adaptive EME on 6m with an Afedri AFE822x in undersampling mode. I can do this with Linrad but for multipurpose use SDR console would be better.

Conrad PA5Y

N5NHJ

Unread post by N5NHJ »

I'm sure this information can be easily retrieved from Linrad but it can be worth to post it here, pulled from the Flex community where someone is asking about the same feature.
-------------------------------------------
MAP65 already has code for receiving streaming UDP packets, in the current case for Linrad. The Linrad data structure for UDP packets is:
struct linradBuffer {
double cfreq;
int msec;
float userfreq;
int iptr;
quint16 iblk;
qint8 nrx;
char iusb;
double d8[174];
} b;
---------------------------------------------

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

I actually had this code in place in v1.5 (I think), I no longer have that ancient code, it was horrible stuff from LINRAD.

If I have time I'll dig around today.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

N2EME

Unread post by N2EME »

Good Morning Simon,

I was wondering what you found out after having a dig around. Map65 is still very popular with the EME crowd and I think may well get a boost is the Q65 version is/has been released.

Paul N2EME