Lock

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
N2EME

Lock

Unread post by N2EME »

I could not see this on the list but sorry if I missed it.
The matrix or the receiver windows can allow you to have up to 24 receivers open at once.
They have "Select, Mute [x]" as their options.
Is it possible to add a 'Lock' option.
When selected the frequency for that particular receiver would be locked so that one could not accidentally change it.
It would have to be 'un-locked' in order to change the frequency.
I often find myself moving the mouse to do something else and changing my frequency by mistake when doing so.

Thank you.

Paul N2EME

N6ATC

Re: Lock

Unread post by N6ATC »

I make this mistake very often too. If there is an already-implemented solution, I've missed it as well.

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

That would be a VERY nice option to have on a receiver to receiver basis.

Another nice feature is if the window was not on top when any place on the screen is clicked upon the only thing that happens is the application window touched is moved to the top and activated. But no other activities, such as retuning a receiver or a changing a control, take place. (This seems to be one of the nice features of Visual Studio 10. It seems to be lost on newer Visual Studios.)
{^_^}

Max

Unread post by Max »

Agree on the RX Lock feature. Much needed. Have cursed many times changing the wrong RX in the matrix.

Max

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

would be much appreciated by me too

F4CIB

Unread post by F4CIB »

Yes, bring us the LOCK feature please !

73 de Franck, F4CIB

G0OFE

Unread post by G0OFE »

Another thumbs up for this idea.

I keep inadvertently teaching my 4-year-old some new words when I accidentally change frequency....
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Option 1: (Kitten on the keys) Lock the whole screen until the lock button is pressed again.
Option 2: (Visual Studio) If the screen is not topmost make it topmost and otherwise ignore key stroke.
Option 3: (I don't need no steenkin lok) Lock is off.

{^_^}

PD3LK

Unread post by PD3LK »

JD we are talking about the individual receivers within the Matrix. ;)

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

Even they would benefit from the three lock levels as opposed to two. It is really annoying when I am running something besides just SDRC. If I am browsing email with SDRC in the background sometimes the top bar is not accessible. And if I click other places all to often something bad happens. Two click, not necessarily a double click, are more likely to give me what I want as long as I expect it from the program. If I want the program on the top so I get a better visual of what is happening I single click anywhere. The window comes to the top and nothing bad happens. If I then want to move the frequency to where I clicked I click again on the same point.

Are you talking about a no recenter click? That does not seem to be within Simon's technical grasp or desires based on how often I've asked for zoom to active receiver rather than center frequency.

i.e. Sit down and figure out all the potentially bad side effects of your desired action so you can describe it to Simon accurately concisely and warn about side effects.

{^_^}