Wish List

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
W8BYA

Wish List

Unread post by W8BYA »

Hello Simon & group. I thought I would share 5 items I wish your software could do in a future update. I currently use a RSPdx:

1. Scan memories (squelch the radio, select the memory banks you want to scan then let her rip).

2. An enable button to keep the tuned frequency always in the center of the pan display.

3. A button we could hit that would pause a recording in progress. So many times we are recording something and we may have a minute before traffic resumes.

4. I would love this one.....a way to sit on a single frequency squelched then when traffic appears start a recording. Would be perfect for so many situations when we do not know the exact time a transmission will start.

5. A simple button that would update the receivers settings on a current memory channel. For example say I recall a memory and as I am listening I find a lower BW etc is better so I go ahead and just change it rather than delete and store it as new......so a button I could hit on that memory button/channel that would simply update to the new settings.

I think these would be neat features. Again, big thank you for a wonderful package. You have brought back so much fun for me going back to SWL. TU es 73

goscickiw

Re: Wish List

Unread post by goscickiw »

4 - You can select "Ignore squelched data" when starting an audio recording. Then it will only save the parts that are not squelched.
Unless your request was about having this feature on IQ recording as well.

W8BYA

Re: Wish List

Unread post by W8BYA »

Hello and thank you for the reply. Yes I found that switch and have been using it. Comes in very handy. The only problem is many of my recordings are on HF and the noise floor is constantly changing and with static crashes the levels become high enough to trigger a recording to start. Then if I advance the threshold high enough to avoid the crashes I miss out of weak voice traffic. Oh well......still better than nothing, TU agn. 73