Quick view 'analyser'

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
ukdx

Quick view 'analyser'

Unread post by ukdx »

With the Sporadic E season in full swing the S3 and Console are proving a great combo but I wonder if it would be possible to add a fast loading view of an IQ recording to spot those telltale signs of Es signals? With Es being so transitory and often one opening following another there isn't time for analyser to load a session to spot when or if an opening has occured.

Recording 100GB files produces 17 minutes of reception covering all B2, even if it meant opening each file individually to view the waterfall it would be really useful. At the moment I'm using some other software to do exactly that so I guess it's possible in theory but I'd love this feature to be built into Console.

Paul

G0OFE

Re: Quick view 'analyser'

Unread post by G0OFE »

I would echo this.

I don't know how SDR# (to be more precise, the Vasili File Player) manages to produce a waterfall map of a 100GB (17 mins) file in around ten seconds. It's not, of course, in the same fine detail as with Analyser, but it gives a very quick indication.

At full S3 bandwidth, it takes approx. 38% of the length of the file in terms of time to analyse it... so a 37 min file I just tried, took 14.5 mins.. limited by the read speed from the HDD I expect, presumeably as the file is read-in.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

MikeF

Unread post by MikeF »

Me too. This would be so useful, especially in a very busy Es season.

Mike

MikeF

Unread post by MikeF »

Hi Simon,

Sorry to go on about it, but do you think there's any possibility that this feature could be added in a future release please?

Thanks

Mike