Receiver Un-squelch Indicator

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
ka6fub

Receiver Un-squelch Indicator

Unread post by ka6fub »

Simon, is this feature still on the request (wish) list? We discussed it earlier this year but then the discussion died down.

Thanks...

G0OFE

Re: Receiver Un-squelch Indicator

Unread post by G0OFE »

It is now !

Might be worth documenting the request properly in this thread.
Jim, Bournemouth IO90BR

ka6fub

Unread post by ka6fub »

Here is he original post:

During wild-land fire season I have Console running with 6 receivers defined to monitor the various fire agencies in the area. I have them all un-muted (but squelched) all of the time. But once in a while one, or more, receivers will get a bit more noise or an off-carrier signal that causes the squelch to start popping. But I cannot tell which of the 6 receivers is doing this. So I have to either mute all and then un-mute one at a time or select each receiver and tighten up the squelch. It would be nice to have a visual indicator for each receiver when the squelch is open. Maybe a simulated LED in the signal meter. Then I could just select the receiver with the indicator flashing and tighten the squelch on it.

Thanks again Simon for your great work...

ka6fub

Unread post by ka6fub »

Attached is an example of how I would like the indicator to be deployed. Look at the S meter fro receiver #4, the red dot...
Attachments
Screenshot showing possible indicator location
Screenshot showing possible indicator location

goscickiw

Unread post by goscickiw »

I'd prefer to have it like this (receiver 6) - on my PCs the receiver pane slows down SDR Console too much.
Attachments
Screenshot-2020-08-29-085021.png
closeup.png
closeup.png (5.94 KiB) Viewed 917 times

ka6fub

Unread post by ka6fub »

Simon, is there just not enough interest in this from others?

Wildland fire season is about to startup again (not sure it ends with the lack of rain on the west coast) and I will be using my setup with 6 fire channels being monitored. Sure would be nice to have an un-squelched indicator.

Let me know if I should just stop bugging you about this. And thanks again for all the other great features!

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

ka6fub wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:39 pm Simon, is there just not enough interest in this from others?

Wildland fire season is about to startup again (not sure it ends with the lack of rain on the west coast) and I will be using my setup with 6 fire channels being monitored. Sure would be nice to have an un-squelched indicator.

Let me know if I should just stop bugging you about this. And thanks again for all the other great features!
Hi,

I've been taking a break for a few weeks, the first break from coding in at least 21 years. I'll look at this now and see if there's a simple solution.
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

Simon G4ELI

OK,

I think I have this working, for now you'll see the Squelch text as per the attachment. If not squelched then no text.
Attachments
Squelch.jpg
www.sdr-radio.com

Max

Unread post by Max »

What about forget the text and have red speaker crossed through for "squelched" and green speaker with no cross through for squelch opened? And a lot bigger too. With maybe 16 receivers in RX matrix, that text will be very small?

Understood it's work in progress so sure you already have other display ideas eventually.

Max

Simon G4ELI

Max wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:25 pm What about forget the text and have red speaker crossed through for "squelched" and green speaker with no cross through for squelch opened? And a lot bigger too. With maybe 16 receivers in RX matrix, that text will be very small?

Understood it's work in progress so sure you already have other display ideas eventually.

Max
I'll make a kit for the test team today or tomorrow to it can be tested. Colour of icon is a problem, for example I'm slightly colour blind.
www.sdr-radio.com