Keyboard support / More control options

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
CT7AOV

Keyboard support / More control options

Unread post by CT7AOV »

There are more requests for keyboard support and hotkeys, and my request is along those lines, but I'll explain my use case and preferences, and how I'm using the software now.

I do a lot of portable operation on the QO-100 satellite, often in SOTA/HEMA and without good ergonomics for a laptop. Using a mouse in this conditions is a chore and this is after solving the issue with the unreadable screen under the sun.
My optimum solution is to have a keyboard shortcut for everything, but I'll be happy with the following features:
- toggle RIT
- toggle XIT
- increment/decrement RIT
- increment/decrement XIT
- toggle TX/RX frequency sync

My current solution is using a shuttlexpress controller to send keystrokes and autohotkey to process them. Autohotkey (in some) cases sends MIDI commands that SDR-Console executes.
Currently I have
- tuning in normal, x10 and x100 increments via MIDI
- TX toggle via F5
- TX/RX frequency sync via a hack that simulates a mouse click on the button
- Drive level change via MIDI
This system "almost works", my main pain point is adjust XIT value to compensate temperature shift.

With the requested keyboard shortcuts (or new MIDI commands) I could implement the rest of my system without requiring full shuttlexpress support.

Thank you very much for your great software, it's the only reason I have to use MS Windows :-)

Hugo
CT7AOV