Center the Tuning Window

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
larryg

Center the Tuning Window

Unread post by larryg »

On the Perseus V5 software, there is a button ("Center"), which holds the tuning window in the center of the spectrum window as you tune with the mousewheel.
The displayed spectrum slides under the stationary tuning window as you tune.
If console has this feature, I haven't been able to find it.
I find it annoying to have the tuning window jump all over the spectrum window, then have the whole thing jump over .

Simon, could you consider this feature please ?...

Thank you,

Larry Davis
Geneva, IL
USA

m3ghe

Re: Center the Tuning Window

Unread post by m3ghe »

larryg wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:17 pm On the Perseus V5 software, there is a button ("Center"), which holds the tuning window in the center of the spectrum window as you tune with the mousewheel.
I find it annoying to have the tuning window jump all over the spectrum window, then have the whole thing jump over .

Thank you,

Larry Davis
Geneva, IL
USA
Right click in the right of the waterfall and spectrum moves up. Right click in the left of the waterfall and spectrum moves down. All without changing the tuned frequency. Is that what you wanted?
Martin
m3ghe
IO92sc
G-QRP club 6129
Use my online radios http://remoteradio.myddns.me/ or http://remoteradio.changeip.org/

Simon G4ELI

Unread post by Simon G4ELI »

larryg wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:17 pm On the Perseus V5 software, there is a button ("Center"), which holds the tuning window in the center of the spectrum window as you tune with the mousewheel.

Thank you,

Larry Davis
Geneva, IL
USA
It's not part of the design - I'll think about it. You could always use the Perseus software, I guess you paid for V5?
Simon Brown :shock:
www.sdr-radio.com

Do not send me direct e-mail, thank-you!

larryg

Unread post by larryg »

m3ghe wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:24 am

Thank you,

Larry Davis
Geneva, IL
USA
Right click in the right of the waterfall and spectrum moves up. Right click in the left of the waterfall and spectrum moves down. All without changing the tuned frequency. Is that what you wanted?
No Martin, not that...
When the Center button is on, The green tuning window would hold in the center of the screen as you tune and the freq baseline would move.

Thank you...

larryg

Unread post by larryg »

Simon G4ELI wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:43 am

Thank you,

Larry Davis
Geneva, IL
USA
It's not part of the design - I'll think about it. You could always use the Perseus software, I guess you paid for V5?
Thank you, Simon...
Yes the V5 software came when I purchased the Perseus, and I do use it.
But I also enjoy using Console, just upgraded, and think this feature would be a benefit.
I appreciate your consideration.

dg9bfc_sigi

Unread post by dg9bfc_sigi »

the problem is that it means on several sdr that you use the 0hz spot ... and that should be avoided ..in hdsdr you have a similar function but can set an offset (say 10 or 12 kc) so the spectrum moves .. the passband stays where it is .. but it is set sideways from the 0hz spot (offset by 10 or 12 kc)
centered is not ok ... but locked (and mousewheel moves spectrum) yes thats a nice idea ...
zoom does also only work at 0hz spot ... better would be zooming in like it is done in hdsdr (autocentre the passband without setting local to 0hz spot)
maybe simon could combine those things ... avoid the 0hz spot (when zooming in and when scrolling)

goscickiw

Unread post by goscickiw »

I thought of requesting something just like this - locking position of receiver(s) relative to the center frequency. So for example, I have the spectrum center tuned to 650 MHz, and a receiver set on 649.4 MHz. With the lock option on, when I would move the spectrum using any method (for example the bottom bar) the receiver would move along with it, and if I would set the center frequency to 412 MHz by typing it in, the receiver would automatically move to 411.4 MHz.
As for the zoom off center function, it would be very useful for me as well, and I have requested it before, but it seems it hasn't been implemented yet.