Add Midi control and keyboard shortcuts for Satellite External Radio

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
SM0TGU

Add Midi control and keyboard shortcuts for Satellite External Radio

Unread post by SM0TGU »

As a Satellite operator
I Want to have the possibility to control the External radio in the Satellite windows with Midi controller and keyboard shortcuts
So that I do not need change the frequency of the connected TX radio with the mouse at the External radio in the Satellite windows

Background
SDR Console is a fantastic software for satellite operation with a SDR as receiver and CAT-controlled external radio for TX, in my case Icom IC-705. But, with a small change, it should be even better. Today if having a QSO on a linear satellite, for exemple RS-44, when changing frequency of the TX radio you need to click on the frequency in the small Satellite External Radio window. It is also possible to change the VFO on the external radio but this does not work so good because of the update feedback via the CAT control is too slow.

Requests
1. Add Midi controller connection for frequency change in Satellite External Radio, just like the "Tune" function today for the main RX VFO. Then it should be possible to use a Midi DJ Controller as VFO knob even for the external radio.
2. Add keyboard shortcuts for frequency change in Satellite External Radio so it is possible to change the frq without switching focus from the main RX VFO windows.

Regards
//Lars SM0TGU