Manual control of synchronization with external radio

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
maby

Manual control of synchronization with external radio

Unread post by maby »

I use my SDR as both an enhanced panadaptor for my IC-7300 and as a second receiver. I don't want tracking enabled much of the time - I'm using the two receivers separately. I will watch the SDR waterfall, looking for something of potential interest, click on it and listen through the PC speaker and if it is of interest, tune the 7300 to it and call. There are occasions when I want to synchronize in the opposite direction - tune the SDR to the same frequency as the 7300 - for example to try to dig a weak signal out of the noise floor using the SDR noise reduction and filtering. I cannot find any controllable way of achieving this with the current version of SDR Console. I can turn track off in the external radio interface, but the direction of synchronization when I turn it back on is unpredictable. Most of the time, I can turn track on and quickly make a small change in frequency on the receiver that I want to make the master and the other receiver is tuned to it, but this is at best inconvenient and is not always reliable.

Could we have a couple of buttons or key depressions that will permit controlled synchronization of frequency and mode in either direction when tracking is turned off please?

Martin (G8FXC)