Sound off/on

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
terryviking

Sound off/on

Unread post by terryviking »

I often turn the audio off during a qso on QO-100.

- Is it possible to enlarge the speaker symbol making it easier to hit with the mouse?
- I sometime use the space bar and m to mute and unmute, Is it possible to enable the space bar to also unmute?

Thanks for a great program! I use it as a panadapter on HF and as a receiver on QO-100.

Max

Re: Sound off/on

Unread post by Max »

For me at least, if I just mute the speaker just once by pushing the "speaker" symbol (in SDRC DSP panel) manually with the mouse, thereafter I find space bar already does exactly what you want (toggles mute on/off with each successive push). Only discovered this by accident after reading your post as never used it. But for some reason it only works after the first push of the mute button with the mouse for every fresh start of SDRC. Odd!

Max

terryviking

Unread post by terryviking »

It works! Fantastic, thanks!

Terry

Max

Unread post by Max »

Good to hear that Terry.

Simon, is this:

(A) Intended behaviour to use space bar to mute as I can't find it documented anywhere on SDR-Radio.com?

(B) Assuming "yes", then is it a bug that it does not work until the speaker mute symbol has been activated at least once using a mouse click, and thereafter the space bar can be used to mute/unmute?

Max

jdow

Unread post by jdow »

That behavior is a standard windows behavior. The currently selected screen gadget (button, slider, list box, whatever) receives key presses. And space bar is converted to a mouse click.

{^_^}

Max

Unread post by Max »

jdow wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:56 pm That behavior is a standard windows behavior. The currently selected screen gadget (button, slider, list box, whatever) receives key presses. And space bar is converted to a mouse click.

{^_^}
Wow. 25+ years of using Windows and I never realised. As they say: "You learn something new every day"!

Thanks Joanne for the clarification.

Max

dg9bfc_sigi

Unread post by dg9bfc_sigi »

that is also why the tx button (once pressed with the mouse) works with the space bar (as long as you do not select the next item with the mouse)