It may be time for this tough one

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
jdow

It may be time for this tough one

Unread post by jdow »

I've been playing with the RX88 MK II I now have. As it stands the main window zoom feature is useless. It always expands around 16 MHz. (Where's 128 ksps or better user settable sample rate?) I can fool it by setting the nonexistent LO frequency to the frequency around which I want to zoom. But that is both awkward and loses the full spectrum width overview.

I have two thoughts on this matter. The first is "obvious" and moderately useful, zoom around the center frequency that is selected in the matrix or receivers panel. This may be the easier of the two to implement and has the benefit of not overflowing even the excessive display space I have. An addon for this would be a button that uses frequency band settings to center on the selected receiver's band and display that band's spectrum.

The second thought is to generate a second waterfall/spectrum window that shows a zoomable chunk of spectrum lifted out of the main spectrum/waterfall FFT data. This window would operate around the selected receiver's center frequency or upon a user frequency setting that particular band's center frequency with its width preselected.

{^_^}