IF output according to the ham band

🙋 If you want a new feature or a change to the software then add your request here.

If it's not here then it's not going to happen.
CT2HUU

IF output according to the ham band

Unread post by CT2HUU »

Hi

Congratulations, SDR Console is amazing.
I use it for long time on QO-100.
I tried several other SDR programs and SDR Console is by far the best one.

I would like to request a feature. And a sub-feature.

I have 2 SDR receivers connected to the PC.
One SDR RTL for QO-100 and a RSP1 for HF bands.
But, as I use a panadapter to get the RX from 1st IF signal on my TS-2000 and TS-2000 have two different IF frequencies on HF by design, depending on the HF band I'm in. I have to choose IF output on External Radio 75.925MHz for 160m/80m/40m/17m/15m/10m band or IF output on External Radio 69.085MHz for 20m/12m/6m.
Check picture 1 IF output.
1 IF output.jpg
It would be perfect that I could preset the 2 IFs output and use the appropriate one according to the frequency the external radio is in.
For example, between 1.8MHz and 7.3MHz, SDR Console would select as IF output 75.925MHz. And from 14MHz to 14.4MHz it would select IF output 65.085MHz. So that when I click in a cluster spot on 80m, SDR Console knows that to show me the right waterfall has to be on IF output 75.925MHz. And a few moments after, if I click on a 20m cluster spot, SDR Console, automatically swaps the IF output to 65.085MHz and I have the right waterfall and reception.
Specifically for TS-2000 the IF freqs on the 1st IF would be programmed as this table:
2 IF freqs on TS2000.jpg
2 IF freqs on TS2000.jpg (18.87 KiB) Viewed 255 times
I also tried to have different Identities, but it didn't worked out because the IF output selection is part of the External Radio menu and not on the SDR receiver section. This is a second option as it is not practical changing Identities evey time we change band. It makes sense when changing SDR receivers.
It's just a last resort option:
3 Identities.jpg
Identities are fine for me to have different settings to operate QO-100 and HF.
Although every time I change from HF to QO-100 I have to change several settings on External Radio Options, for example on Frequency from IF output to Antenna (as it gets the RX directly from the LNB) and on Up-Converter tick on Up-converter offset. And when I change from QO-100 to HF, do the opposite It would be nice that the Identities also stores the External Radio settings.

Summary:
Feature->Have 2 IFs output and use the appropriate one according to the frequency the external radio is in.
Sub-feature->Identities also stores the External Radio settings.

I saw that the Ham Bands markers are on the way, already available on beta version, congrats on that as well.

I hope I made it clear, fell free to ask or suggest anything.
CT2HUU